PDA

View Full Version : Making internal volume smaller

Deamonicus
06-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I built a custom fiberglass box but I think the volume is a little to big. Is there anything I can add to the inside to take up a little space? I know I could just use alot more resin but that would probably take forever.

andy1234
06-03-2005, 09:20 AM
a block of wood

Buckshot
06-03-2005, 09:40 AM
a block of wood

... or several, will do just fine.

DFW40
06-03-2005, 10:12 AM
I have used those green foam blocks from hobby lobby. They are the things that people stick flowers into and add water. I wrap them in saran wrap so the do not put off any dust or debree. Blocks of wood work fine but they are heavy.

djman37
06-03-2005, 10:19 AM
I've heard of guys using that expanding insulation foam stuff, but it is STICK-KEE.

req
06-03-2005, 10:25 AM
anything that is not porus will work fine.

closed-cell packing foam bricks work quite well (that white foam, when you break it, all the little pieces fly all over and static to everything)

thats what i used. just a little squirt of expandable foam between them to get them to stick to eachother and to the bottom of the enclosure.

but you did exactly what you SHOULD do, aim for a larger box than needed, and backfill until its the right size.

Deamonicus
06-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Cool. I ended up using a bunch of bondo and some wood. It's heavy as hell now. :D

Buckshot
06-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Cool. I ended up using a bunch of bondo and some wood. It's heavy as hell now. :D

Well did it work? :cool:

cjjackson85
06-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I just throw some unopened bottles of water in there, when I'm thirst I reach through the port and drink some of them.

myvanpounds
06-04-2005, 02:57 PM
I just throw some unopened bottles of water in there, when I'm thirst I reach through the port and drink some of them.

so thats where underage kid's are hidding all the beer these days, lol

LightningStryk7
06-04-2005, 04:30 PM
I wonder.. would police find the drugs if you hid them ina sub box? Like through the port? lol

flakko
06-04-2005, 04:33 PM
I wonder.. would police find the drugs if you hid them ina sub box? Like through the port? lol

good idea.... very good idea. :up2somet:

Decipha
06-04-2005, 05:57 PM
not a good idea yes cops will find it if they suspect you have drugs they will tear apart your car they will take out the radio rip out the carpet take out the seats remove the dashboard take off the head liner check under the hood take out your gas tank everything

i was caught at the wrong place at the wrong time and when the cops raided my friends house they destroyed my car looking for drugs, at first they let the dog sniff all in my car and the dog smelled something and went crazy so they thought i had drugs in there well come to find out it was a coff drop under my rear seat that has been there for god knows how long

but back to the topic... if cops expect you of having drugs they will search and if they don't like you enuff or if you give them shiit they will find them even if you don't have any

decipha=hate coppers

hdave
06-04-2005, 06:20 PM
yes they will.

my friend's subs were taken out of his box and everything when he tried to get into the US once.

he was stuck at the border for about 4 hours i think.