PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-P3500

zimmer82
06-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Well, i put this headunit in my dad's truck a couple years back bc he was complaining about not having a cd player. Installs perfectly in a 92-96 ford f150 by the way.

anyways, i am now getting his truck. I was reading some reviews on it to see what others thought about it and i came across this.

Weaknesses:
doesnt have a Bass RCA output. Non motorized face. only 3 color face panel.

This is the thing that bothers me: doesnt have a Bass RCA output
Does this mean i cannot hook up an external amp to run my subs? Or is this guy retarded?

I always thought that as long as you have a set of preouts then you are ok to hook up an external amp and run whatever you want off of that amplifier.

Am i right or am i going to have to invest in a better deck?

NOTE: This deck is temporary because i am on a budget and it saves me $200 towards my car audio by keeping this unit. WILL UPGRADE LATER ON!!

Harrison486
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
I have this head unit

When I got my sub and amp intalled, the guy mentioned that it didnt have a dedicated sub output. Instead he said he would have to switch the rear output to the subs, thus losing rear speakers. However, after I got my car back, I have output out of all 4 of my speakers and my sub is hitting hard. So I have no idea what the truth is...

SSS 18734
06-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I have the DEH-P3600 and it DOES have a sub output. All it really does is enable you to control the subs individually from the rest of the system directly from the head unit. I've attached my subs to both pre-outs, the bass response difference is only minimal.

So yes, you can install subs to that unit. Just get an RCA splitter

zimmer82
06-02-2005, 06:07 PM
are RCA splitter's necessary? Harrison

Harrison486
06-02-2005, 06:08 PM
are RCA splitter's necessary? Harrison

I dont know...

I wish I had installed it myself :( :uhoh: :crap:

Acidburn
i have the 3500
it has 2 sets of RCA outs, one pair for the fronts and one pair for the rears/sub
just use the rear outs for your sub amp and it works just fine
if you want to hook up a 4ch amp as well, then you will need splitters

SSS 18734
well if one of your amps has a signal output, you could use that and have no drop in pre-out voltage

zimmer82
06-02-2005, 06:11 PM
i think ill go the ez way like acidburn and use the rear/sub preout