PDA

View Full Version : Installer in columbia area?????

im4an2idiot0
06-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey. im gonna be looking to have 2 subs and an amp installed in the next month or 2 and i have no idea of a good installer. so far ive been quoted by tweeter for $200.

Anyone had any experence with tweeter? or can anyone suggest a installer in the columbia or surrounding countys area??

coleaudio
06-18-2005, 02:01 PM
i can put it in for you for far less and i u want a fan for your amp do that too

ecaudio
06-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I currently own a small car audio business and run a website: www.ecaudio.com

Our partner is out of Baltimore, MD. We could quote you a price for installs:

410-282-0111

Bernie is the shop manager. Let him know Jeff sent you.

Chevillac
06-18-2005, 05:28 PM
there is also a shop off dobin road, in that motor park type thing, i forget what they call it ow, but where the new gas station is accros from mobil and mcdonalds. Its teh shop on the end, you cant miss it. They do decent work. Not sure of prices as ive only dealt with them once, usually just go there to talk to them and go with my friends who know them.

pwr2max
06-18-2005, 07:50 PM
there is also a shop off dobin road, in that motor park type thing, i forget what they call it ow, but where the new gas station is accros from mobil and mcdonalds. Its teh shop on the end, you cant miss it. They do decent work. Not sure of prices as ive only dealt with them once, usually just go there to talk to them and go with my friends who know them.

Its called Audio Connection. If you are coming down on Dobbin Road from 175, you take the first right at the light and then the first left, and then its the first store on the right side. Its right near Fuddruckers and Starbucks.

As for the tweeter qoute, tell us what you told them to get done or what you want to get done. When i went there just for a quote, they quoted me $800 for fiberglassed boxes and an amp rack. You could really do it yourself. Just read up on here, buy some mdf, make a box, and install. As for the install, its really just running a fused power wire from the battery through some hole in your firewall to the amp, a ground wire from the amp to the chassis, a remote turn on wire from the headunit, and whatever speaker wires.

But if your willing to dish out the money, East Coast Car Toys has produced by far the best work that i have seen in the area. They are located in Annapolis. Westminister Speed and Sound is good too in terms of their installs and there in Westminister.

im4an2idiot0
06-19-2005, 06:01 PM
i want to have 2 atlas 12' subs installed and a viper d1200.1 amp and the amp has a bass remote that i would like tinstalled to. i already have a box made i just need it installed. im looking to spend around $200 for the install.

the reason why i dont want to do it myself is that this is my first system and even though ive read up on setting the gains and everything i still want a professinal to do this for me.

im gonna look up and call the places you guys suggested to me and see what there prices are. thanks for the help and any more input is appreacited.

bigred78797
06-19-2005, 07:44 PM
There is also a shop T&B customs on the east side of Baltimore.. Essex,MD. It didn't seem like they did too many ported enclosures but i bought my treo's from them :).

Worlddre
06-19-2005, 08:09 PM
ther is also a tweeter on dobbin rd

im4an2idiot0
06-19-2005, 09:53 PM
ther is also a tweeter on dobbin rd

lol i started this tread to get feedback about tweeter to see if they did a good job and if i should get them to install it or not.

have you had any experences with them?

Worlddre
06-20-2005, 11:52 AM
sorry bout that i wasnt fully paying attention ... i personally have had no experience with them but a couple of my friends have and said they did a great job but i dunno about the pricing

im4an2idiot0
06-20-2005, 08:43 PM
but i dunno about the pricing

i got a quote from them for 200$ for the install.

does this seem high to you?

i emailed car toys but they havn't gotten back to me yet. ill probley have to call them.

pwr2max
06-21-2005, 03:07 PM
if you go inside the tweeter showroom there is a sign there that has install prices. For what you want done, it sounds like a general amplifier installation and if i remember correctly, the price for that was considerably lower last time i checked but maybe since you got your equipment somewhere else they are giving you a different quote. Seriosly try talking to Audio Connection too. From what i have seen in there showroom, they are mostly about installs and not really selling equipment (there demo room *****).

Chevillac
06-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Seriosly try talking to Audio Connection too. From what i have seen in there showroom, they are mostly about installs and not really selling equipment (there demo room *****).

Thats true. The only thing they ever tried to sell me was the k40 laser blocker thing. But thats what i went there askign about anyway one time.

im4an2idiot0
06-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Seriosly try talking to Audio Connection too. From what i have seen in there showroom, they are mostly about installs and not really selling equipment (there demo room *****).

I went up to audio connection yesterday after reading this post to check it out and see what there prices are like comparied to tweeter. and they quoted me at $30 cheaper. so i was like F**k it and went ahead and scheduled an appoipment. ill finally have my system in monday.

thanks for all the help guys.

Decipha
06-23-2005, 07:23 AM
i can't belive what im reading. At least 4 people in here from around the columbia
area. I always thought columbia was a small town. So why the *** i'm the only
person from new orleans on this forum? I thought new orleans was more
popular, i'm pretty sure new orleans is more well known around the world than
columbia. This blows!!!!

bigred78797
06-23-2005, 10:23 AM
LoL

saywhat?
06-23-2005, 10:27 AM
i got a quote from them for 200$ for the install.

does this seem high to you?

i emailed car toys but they havn't gotten back to me yet. ill probley have to call them.

i payed 200 to have mine installed locally. they di a ****** job tuning the amp, but its a clean install.

Chevillac
06-24-2005, 04:29 AM
Columbia is on the rise son.

Decipha
06-24-2005, 05:58 AM
*** columbia

Chevillac
06-24-2005, 06:03 AM
Baltimore > New orleans. end of story. Dont be jealous
What the hell was that *** advice you gave to the guy trying to get that guys sister. Wow is all i have to say.

Decipha
06-24-2005, 06:04 AM
im not jealous i quit caring

he asked for advice i gave it.. simple as that

im4an2idiot0
06-28-2005, 07:00 AM
i finally got my system installed yesterday. i got it done at audio connections.

my personal experence with them is the guy there thinks he knows what hes doing but doesnt have a clue.

first he gave me **** about me telling him that the AA atlas's are tuneable and he shouldnt wire the secound VC. he also said that they were 3 ohm subs not 4 ohm.

the install looked good and clean but i dont think he knows how to set the gains properly. cuz i didnt see him useing a test tone or a multimeter. but i could of just missed it.

im going to redo my gains myself and see if it makes my subs sound any better because as of now there hardly moveing. so untill i do that id have to say to stay away frm them unless you want to have to reset your gains and get crap about not haveing kicker or mtx subs.

CEaton2
11-16-2005, 08:19 PM
I was just going to say that about Audio Connection, I went in there last year asking for a price on a custom box for my old 2001 Dodge ram(had to get rid of the beauty because of gas), They went on and on about the Kicker CVR being so much better than my Diamond D6, needless to say, I went ahead and did a box myself.

Chevillac
11-17-2005, 04:11 AM
I dont know, theyve never given me any problems, my friends either. I think he screwed one of my friends over sold him liek 3 old caps...........but whatever.

Worlddre
11-17-2005, 08:29 AM
well im sure this is alittle late but i know the guy over at the tweeter in columbia and he is one of the best installers i know

krisfnbz
04-20-2008, 03:40 PM
ANd he still is a beast installer

Shukyou
04-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Try GW Motorsports, they do a good job. My car is there now. LOL @ Cipha Bmore on the come up baby so the surroung area's gone shine too!

Stetsom Rep USA
09-16-2009, 02:24 PM
If you are interested in knowing how to install your sysem USAudio in Glen Burnie has what they call a controlled install where you work hand in hand with the tech doing the whole install, that way if you are looking for something you know right where to go. They dont charge any more for this service and offer a lifetime warrenty on their wiring, shop that I dont think anyone will offer that. You can call them at 410-590-1313 or email [email protected] USAudio is the home of Marylands Loudest daily driver too!!!