PDA

View Full Version : should i use a divider?

ryboy2222
06-02-2005, 12:43 PM
im building a 1.0 cubic ft enclosure for my two 10's. they are ED's..on their website the ideal enclosure they have a design for doesnt have a divider. should i add one? will it make that much of a difference?

jacko
06-02-2005, 12:46 PM
it won't make any difference in sound, but it will help to brace the box to keep it from flexing.

Johnny Drama
06-02-2005, 12:50 PM
If you run them in stereo, yes you will need a divider.

If you run them in mono, no you will not need a divider.

DFW40
06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
If you run them in stereo, yes you will need a divider.

If you run them in mono, no you will not need a divider.

dork

I agree with the bracing idea plus if one sub goes down you can run the other until you get a replacement. But bracing is a great idea and I would do it if I had the choice.

Johnny Drama
06-02-2005, 01:04 PM
dork

I agree with the bracing idea plus if one sub goes down you can run the other until you get a replacement. But bracing is a great idea and I would do it if I had the choice.

I am gonna let that slide...

Even if you build the divider its still a good idea to add bracing. And there will be no difference in having the divider EXCEPT....you will loose a little internal volume with the added wood inside the box.

The above is true when subs are run in mono.

P.S. If you set them up right in the first place the chances of one "going down" anytime soon is very slim ;)

DFW40
06-02-2005, 01:11 PM
What happened to your 18 inch MT's

DFW40
06-02-2005, 01:36 PM
What happened to your 18 inch MT's

My bad I was thinking you were AVS20

ryboy2222
06-02-2005, 04:41 PM
haha you guys are hilarious. thanx for all the advice. i think im just gonna go without the divider then. i dont think two 10s will need that much bracing. i was asking because i heard if they are i the same enclosure that each sub might not get the same wattage. but ifyou made it dual chambers each one would always receive the same power? also would i have to use two terminals instead of one if it was divided?

JimJ
06-02-2005, 04:47 PM
also would i have to use two terminals instead of one if it was divided?

Unless you drill a hole in the divider and run the other sub's wires through, yes.

Johnny Drama
06-02-2005, 05:44 PM
i was asking because i heard if they are i the same enclosure that each sub might not get the same wattage. but ifyou made it dual chambers each one would always receive the same power? also would i have to use two terminals instead of one if it was divided?

equal power has nothing to do with a divider and how much each gets. When speakers are wired together they get an equal amount.

As jack stated you will not need 2 seperate terminals.