PDA

View Full Version : Need to build box for 6.5" rear fill speaks on rear shelf

1zenlunatic
06-02-2005, 12:57 AM
Ok here's my dilemma:

I have a set of 6.5" comps that im going to use for rear fill.

They are going to mount on the rear deck of my 90 civic 4 door.

Only problem is the speakers wont mount on the deck even with cutouts on the deck and large spacers. Either the windshield gets in the way or these two lame swinging crossbars in the trunk (the crossbars are tensed and act to hold the trunk up when open).

I was going to switch to 6x9s but i would have the same problem.

Also, installing boxes for 6x9s wont be feasible, there isnt space!

So ive decided to make a small box for the 6.5s .

Anybody done this before or know a site where i can find pics of custom boxes on the rear shelf for small speakers?

BeanII
06-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Did the car have OEM speakers back there? If not there is a kit you can buy from Honda. It's been a while, but I think it's like 25 or so dollars. If memory serves me correctly, that should work.

1zenlunatic
06-02-2005, 02:22 AM
No OEM rear speaks.. I had to cut the holes in the shelf myself. However it did have holes cut into the metal shelf support under the triimpiece for 5 1/4"s.

The problem is that with 2.5" mount depth, i need a huge spacer to clear the stupid bars. Once i get that spacer in, the speaker is practically touching the glass. Dont know how i would screw it in with no clearance for toolspace....

BeanII
06-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Once i get that spacer in, the speaker is practically touching the glass. Dont know how i would screw it in with no clearance for toolspace....

You may want to look into that honda piece....

also is sounds like you need one of these...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4552241006&category=43993&sspagename=WD1V