PDA

View Full Version : 860 owners... is their an input for this?

ndnbolla
05-29-2005, 07:57 PM
For you owners out their with a Pioneer 860, do you know if their are any inputs for a something like this?:

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/swi.htm

So basically, is their a steering wheel input on the 860?

If not, is their any other possible way to control this unit via steering wheel controls?

I am asking because my future car, the 2006 Scion tC will have steering wheel controls and I would like to keep these controls functional after gettin this H/U

zachzchw
05-29-2005, 08:09 PM
I think Ive seen an adapter mentioned before, but I have no clue where. You might try a google search for it, see what comes up. Or possibly even call pioneer.

unrealii
05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
does the 2006 tc have factory steering wheel audio controls?

pac swi-x - thats what you need

ndnbolla
05-30-2005, 08:22 PM
does the 2006 tc have factory steering wheel audio controls?

pac swi-x - thats what you need

yes it will have steering wheel controls as well as a new/better deck for controlling the volume with a knob.

I know that the pac swi is what I need but I wanted to know if the Pioneer 860 has a jack for this?

I already contacted Pioneer via email and they never replied.

zachzchw
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Pioneer will take a little while to answer the emails, and usually they just tell you to call customer service. I have the number somewhere, Ill edit this post when I find it.

(800)421-1404 is the number to call. Just keep pushing 0 to get to a live operator.

ndnbolla
06-01-2005, 05:18 PM
They replied yesterday saying that there is an input for a wired remote. This should work for the pac-swi.

BeanII
06-01-2005, 11:59 PM
They replied yesterday saying that there is an input for a wired remote. This should work for the pac-swi.

did they say it would work, or are you assuming it will? wired remotes are not universal...... Anyway that's not how those steering wheel adapters work (usually). It is more than likely a "learning remote". The piece will have an IR eye that will need to be installed below your deck and it will flash remote info to it. It gets the information and learns the commands from your wireless remote that came with the deck.

make sense?

BeanII
06-02-2005, 12:01 AM
After looking at it again, maybe that will do what you're expecting...

good luck

ndnbolla
06-03-2005, 05:13 PM
yea i get whay your saying. the pac swi needs to be programmed before the functions on the steering actually work. its not plug and play, (though it would have been nice if it were :)).