PDA

View Full Version : Problem?



Alpine CDA-9815
05-29-2005, 02:08 AM
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/7428971/98390837.jpg
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/7428971/98390831.jpg
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/7428971/98390827.jpg
Boston Acoustic 3-Way 6.5 Pros

Alright well, trying to figure out what went wrong. The HPF is set at 80Hz, is that too low? They are sealed in fiberglass. Another thing is they are bi-amped, so the woofers are seeing around 150WRMS each, maybe too much for them? They are under warranty, and if I go down to the shop tomorrow I will get a new one to put in. The passanger side seems to be fine, I haven't fully checked it yet though. Maybe it was just a manufacture defect? I just want to try and find out what went wrong, cuz I have to pay $40 to get a warrante on the new ones, and I don't want to blow another one.

squeak9798
05-29-2005, 03:29 AM
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/7428971/98390837.jpg
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/7428971/98390831.jpg
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/7428971/98390827.jpg
Boston Acoustic 3-Way 6.5 Pros

Ouch :crap:




Alright well, trying to figure out what went wrong. The HPF is set at 80Hz, is that too low?

Nope, had mine crossed ~63hz for well over a year.


Another thing is they are bi-amped, so the woofers are seeing around 150WRMS each, maybe too much for them?

Nope. I had well over that powering mine.


Maybe it was just a manufacture defect?

That would be my guess. Looks like the glue just didn't hold.

Alpine CDA-9815
05-29-2005, 03:32 PM
That would be my guess. Looks like the glue just didn't hold.

That's what I'm hoping, I'll be going down to get a new one after I finish the oil change and shower up.

Alpine CDA-9815
05-30-2005, 03:01 AM
Got it fixed, as I thought it was just the glue didn't hold up well, and how hot it is here didn't help any at all as well.

adam71
05-30-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm not saying this is what happened to yours but I had a 6.5" MTX 5000 woofer do that and it was from moisture. Moisture builds up in the doors and then you mix that with alot of heat from summer temperatures and the glue failed. The funny thing is that I didn't notice it till I went to take them out and put in something different. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The biggest difference between yours and mine is that yours are sealed and mine were NOT.

Alpine CDA-9815
05-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Well I don't really think it was do to moisture, but mainly the heat. It's replaced now, I just hope it dosen't happen again.