PDA

View Full Version : This sux :( :crying:

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Well I got my box for the 15" XXX built. Looks good, all nice and dandy... So I go for a test fit in my trunk and since the friggin thing is so shallow I couldn't get the box in by like 1 1/2 inches... ****ING BS

So my solution: I'm gonna take a circular saw and chop the thing in half tomorrow, and then put in the two halves seperately.

The question: What is a good rubber thing that I can use to put around all of the edges I'm cutting that will seal it when I put it back together?

:crap:

Acidburn
05-29-2005, 01:02 AM
use weather stripping

azbass
05-29-2005, 01:04 AM
measure twice cut once

Acidburn
05-29-2005, 01:06 AM
measure twice cut once
x2+1

jellyfish420
05-29-2005, 01:12 AM
could you possibly take out the back seat and shove it thru that way?
it would be way better not to cut it in half if you didn't have to :D

snebes
05-29-2005, 01:15 AM
I've made several boxes that did that....its hard to cut for my trunk. I realize I just need a hatchback or a SUV for my next car :)

I finally just partly built the box in the trunk. Not the easiest, but it works well.

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 02:15 AM
measure twice cut once

Yeah I did, again and again. But it's really hard with my trunk... It's weird. The only way to really figure it out is to make a box out of cardboard the same size and try it i guess...

No I can't do it through the back seats, there are two big steel bars that make an X right there...

Hmm... weather stripping it is I guess...

THUNDERBIRD
05-29-2005, 11:23 AM
pull the bars out they r just bolted in. my box did that too and i tryed to force it in and snaped off one of the amp racks so i just kept the box and fiberglassed the amp racks in so it would fit but i was pissed when it wouldnt fit

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 11:38 AM
pull the bars out they r just bolted in. my box did that too and i tryed to force it in and snaped off one of the amp racks so i just kept the box and fiberglassed the amp racks in so it would fit but i was pissed when it wouldnt fit

I'm gonna go take a look and see, but I think they are welded to the chassis...

Raven
05-29-2005, 11:55 AM
You could just saw it in half, and then glue it back together in the trunk. The MDF will give out before the glue does...

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Ehh... I took a look. Even if I could get the bars out, which I can't. There is a big metal piece coming down dehind the seats that only gives like a foot clearance :(

I'm cuttin it in half and using weather stripping to seal it back up ;)

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 11:59 AM
You could just saw it in half, and then glue it back together in the trunk. The MDF will give out before the glue does...

Yeah actually I think I'll do that... I still have a good amount of gorrilla glue left. I'll chop it in half, get it it with a tarp under it, glue it together, take the tarp out, and let it dry :naughty:

Fun fun project for this lovely sunday :)

LOL the neighbors are gonna see me outside going to town with a circular saw on the box I worked on finishing and carpeting for a long *** time yesterday lmao

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Err wait, how would I ever get it out if I did that?

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Well looks like I ****ed something up...I never took into consideration those metal wire things across the top, it wont even fit after I cut it in half... Back to the drawing board

theCybe
05-29-2005, 03:17 PM
lol.

:) Sorry, somebody had to do it. ;)

NJack2AF
05-29-2005, 03:22 PM
bastard