PDA

View Full Version : I have Focal 6.5v2's question for rear speakers

roderick.ray
05-28-2005, 10:19 AM
I have Focal Polyglass 6.5v2's and I was have some Alpine 6x9's in the rear, I'm not sure but I think they're typeS. I'm planning on changing my entire system and so far I've changed the stereo and the front speakers to the Focal's and I was wondering if you all think it would be a wise choice to also change the rear speakers also. They house 6x9's but from reading all the forums on here it seems that round speakers are better for Sound Quality. I also plan on getting 2 JL Audio 12w6v2's. I want to know if y'all think the Focals will keep up and should I change the rear speakers also. I want good sound quality all around. I'm going to run the Focals or whatever of a JL Audio 300/4 amp and the 12w6v2's off of 2 500/1 amps. I just want to know if you all think I should change the rear speakers and if so should I get the Focal Polyglass 6x9's or go ahead and switch them to 6.5's Polyglass V2's. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I know alot of people say who cares about the back where do you sit, but you never know someone might be back there one day and I want the music to be enjoyed from every where.

roderick.ray
05-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I just read something about getting coaxils for the rear on another thread. I was wondering if that's best or should I get the Focal Polyglass 6.5v's. If I get coaxils, I'll get the Focal 165CV

Focal 165CV Specs

165mm 2-way coaxial.
25mm (1") v.coil.
84mm magnet.
TN 47 C rotational tweeter.
Tweeter filter: 12d/B octave (adjustable tweeter level).
Plug and play quick connection system.
Max. power handling: 140W.
Nominal, power handling: 70W.
Sensitivity (2.83 V/1m): 93dB.
Frequency response:
60Hz-20kHz.

adam71
05-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Yes, I would get coaxials for the rear. No sense spending real good money (even if money is NOT and issue) when you don't have to. A properly set (rear fill) setup would mean you don't hear much of the rears anyway so no sense in having something high quality back there. I actually had comps in the rear deck once but that was because I had a set lying around and didn't want to spend the money on coaxes.