PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Excelon DDX 7015 users please help!!Horrible midrange!!!

SS350z
05-27-2005, 12:27 AM
Stock 350Z sound system. Non-Bose

Just installed one in my 350Z. Love it! Except for the sound quality. The midrange is absolutely HARSH!!!! The only way I am able to make it sound decent is to set the midrange to 2k on the 3band parmetric eq and then max it out (-8). It helps, but it still seems to get harsh when your half to 3/4 volume.

Bass is set to flat
mid set to 2k, -8
high set to 17.5, +2

Now before you blame the stock speakers, I have experienced the EXACT same problem with the exact model in a Chrysler 300, Ford Ranger, and another 350Z running a 4 channel amp. These were all customer cars that bought the 7015 new. All cars required you to set the mid to -6 to -8 to get the harshness to ease up.

It would seem that the addition of an eq would remeady this, but remember, we are starting out with what appears to be a screwed up signal.

Has anyone else out there experienced this?

Anyone have any suggestion?

P.S.
NOT the install. 9 year veteran of car audio install. Never experienced something this extream with no more than a head unit install.

jsloan10
05-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Refer to your manual on the sound Q options, that model has extra sound shaping options other than bass/mid/treble including a speaker size selection, sound Q ajustment and SRS WOW digital sound processing. From what your describing it sounds like you need to shut off the SRS WOW digital effect as that effects your midrange in attempt to make your soundstage higher and wider, I have heard complaints that it makes your midrange too "harsh" or "bright".

thefunkybunch
12-10-2005, 10:10 PM
sounds like you need to shut off the SRS WOW digital effect

right on. it's kinda like the distortion button on alpines labeled "MX" ;)

theCybe
12-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Distortion button :)

I was always a fan of the remote-subwoofer-burnout control.