PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust ideas for my maxima

probmxstyle
05-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Well its time to ditch the stock stuff now that I have a little cash. Local custom exhaust place told me 320 for a cat-back system to be made for my car. Would include the tubing a flowmaster 40 series and the tip as well as my hi-flo cat installed. Whould you guys change anything about that setup? I am not really looking for much performance, just a change in tone. Thanks all

Mooseaudiophile
05-26-2005, 08:38 PM
consider headers (*specially if u have the v6*) they will give u more horsepower, and just add to the tone (makes it sound like an engine shud, not some fart can)...maybe be a little too loud for you tho

Polecat
05-26-2005, 09:41 PM
go here and ask around, good site for info

http://www.maxima.org/

analogkid
05-26-2005, 10:09 PM
if you just want to change the sound of your exhaust, and your current exhaust is in good shape, have just the muffler replaced. if you record the dimentions of your current muffler you can easily match a different one of similar size and have it put in place of the stock piece. much cheaper than a whole system.

ighettoboyi
05-27-2005, 08:53 PM
this is seriously the WRONG place to ask. no offense to anyone but most everyone in the car sections in CA.com speak out of their ***. forums.maxima.org is your friend buddy

Polecat, you a member of the org?

get a y pipe and a nice 2.5" mandrel bent resonated catback (or b pipe if you wanna be a sleeper :naughty: ), forget the headers. not nearly as restrictive as the stock exhaust manifold is on my car. my car uses the exact same stock manifold as the 3.0L :( but new headers gives 20whp on a stock car.....moreso with mods and a fuel controller (over 30fwhp) :yumyum: