PDA

View Full Version : squeak and req

audiolife
05-26-2005, 03:20 AM
remember that speaker size thing i was talking about? where its better to have a small speaker in a good spot/enclosure? i found one of the guys with the boston pro 4 front stage at elite car audio forums his name is cmusic..cool guy he is an iasca sq judge now.

JimJ
05-26-2005, 03:25 AM
Small speakers have higher frequency extension, which is a good thing if you need that upper frequency extension to compensate for crossover quirks or whatever (most full range speakers are 6" and under for this reason - 6" and 8" drivers will sometimes suffer from "midrange shout" as a design tradeoff).

That's the only reason I could see for going with smaller speakers.

req
05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
remember that speaker size thing i was talking about? where its better to have a small speaker in a good spot/enclosure? i found one of the guys with the boston pro 4 front stage at elite car audio forums his name is cmusic..cool guy he is an iasca sq judge now.

and? so he had 4's doing his mids then? id really like to hear it :(

can you dig up some pics of these sq cars? (good ones)? and post em here?

i really wanna see some installs. but i have no idea where to look :(

ngsm13
05-26-2005, 09:55 AM
I'll dig up a pic of my 4" of fury...

NG

req
05-26-2005, 10:06 AM
that was gross.

im going to start deleteing posts mr.

ngsm13
05-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Why? I'm serious....

NG

squeak9798
05-26-2005, 10:44 AM

Ahh.....It was Chuck :)

req
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
:needpics:

not you ng :mad:

UndercoverPunk
05-26-2005, 11:00 AM
I think Noah's in class mang...

req
05-26-2005, 11:06 AM
so. who is doing the gay posing then?

UndercoverPunk
05-26-2005, 11:17 AM

I don't know... you can ask Noah about that.... seems people like to post gay things when you leave a computer logged in under your name... and then they also change your avatar....

Maybe he upset someone, and they knew his password...;) who knows...

I'm sure he wouldn't mind you deleting some of the posts that were in actual threads....

but you should probably leave the one in the lounge... jusy so he knows it happened...:crazy:

req
05-26-2005, 11:20 AM
he (or whoever) posted somthing in a thread like "IM SO GAY" or somthing... totally off topic. i only deleted one post.

audiolife
05-26-2005, 11:22 AM
Small speakers have higher frequency extension, which is a good thing if you need that upper frequency extension to compensate for crossover quirks or whatever (most full range speakers are 6" and under for this reason - 6" and 8" drivers will sometimes suffer from "midrange shout" as a design tradeoff).

That's the only reason I could see for going with smaller speakers.
midbass and midrange was coming from the 4" as it was a 4" 2 way boston pro series set in front. believe it or not i bet it would walk a dog on alot of peoples 6.5's and 8's. as far as pics just have squeak ask him or you ask him lol id feel dumb asking him.

squeak9798
05-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Blah...I'll e-mail him and ask him; wussy :p:

req
05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
lol.

get pics of MANY cars like this. i like to get inspired seeing as i wont see any of these kinds of cars any time soon.

audiolife
05-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Blah...I'll e-mail him and ask him; wussy :p:
i talked to him all the time when i comped probably one of the coolest guys without a doubt in my region but i already know what his car looks like even though i couldnt remember the model of his car ...lol i knew it was red. i listened to it at least 10 times

audiolife
05-26-2005, 12:13 PM
chuck is pretty smart and knows his stuff. he is one of the VERY few net people (now that i know who he is so i dont know if id qualify him as a net guy now lol) that i would listen to and if he corrected me in some detail he would probbably be right. there are just handfuls of people online i am that way about and he would be one of those

squeak9798
05-26-2005, 12:17 PM
chuck is pretty smart and knows his stuff. he is one of the VERY few net people (now that i know who he is so i dont know if id qualify him as a net guy now lol) that i would listen to and if he corrected me in some detail he would probbably be right. there are just handfuls of people online i am that way about and he would be one of those

Chuck is an extremely knowledgeable individual. He has a really, really good tuning write-up HERE (http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=98293)

That's the main reason I stuck around ECA; the amount of sheer knowledge on that board is astounding. Other than probably Carsound and the organization specific forums (IASCA, etc), it has the largest amount of SQ world finalists and champions of any other forum on the 'net. Then you have guys like werewolf, Kev7909, cheapboy and others over there who don't compete but are simply brilliant

audiolife
05-26-2005, 12:25 PM
that kev guy is high strung lol he loves his quarts but i dunno he just seems excentric? read about mb quart in the sq forum there lol

squeak9798
05-26-2005, 01:21 PM
that kev guy is high strung lol he loves his quarts but i dunno he just seems excentric? read about mb quart in the sq forum there lol

Eh.....he just tries to make sure people don't get the wrong idea sometimes. If he feels someone's comments may not be 100% accurate, he does what he can to "correct" it :) But, he knows his electronics better than most people on any of the forums....

Oh, and BTW: About those B&C Neo drivers....did you read what Matt (and some others) had to say about them?: http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=113255&pagenumber=2

audiolife
05-26-2005, 01:39 PM
might have a different dome but i doubt its a night day difference . its definately the same casing though and probably motor unless its upsized or down sized but i bet ya its still a b and c driver lol if b and c really makes it or whoever makes it for them can make alterations to it like the dome.... and so forth as well. no diff than my old cd-3's being altecs might have a diff dome but its still an altec lol

squeak9798
05-26-2005, 01:44 PM
might have a different dome but i doubt its a night day difference . its definately the same casing though and probably motor unless its upsized or down sized but i bet ya its still a b and c driver lol if b and c really makes it or whoever makes it for them can make alterations to it like the dome.... and so forth as well. no diff than my old cd-3's being altecs might have a diff dome but its still an altec lol

LOL....and for 1/3 of the price, they're probably "close enough" :D

audiolife
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
just not a good thing for a new driver thats being tested before release to be compared to in that light im sorry i ever brought it up but i dont see where they say its alot different either(specifics). lol if i was them id just jack up the price of the bodies that fit them lol

req
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
got links to the aforemtntioned drivers?

audiolife
05-26-2005, 01:50 PM
im not playing the bad guy no more never intended to to begin with

squeak9798
05-26-2005, 01:50 PM
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=294-608

ngsm13
05-26-2005, 01:52 PM

Hmmmm....

funny thing IS...Jason doesn't even know what his TWO previous avatar's were...b4 the one he found...LMFAO...or...something else either...lol...

NG

Kali77
05-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Eh.....he just tries to make sure people don't get the wrong idea sometimes. If he feels someone's comments may not be 100% accurate, he does what he can to "correct" it :) But, he knows his electronics better than most people on any of the forums....

Oh, and BTW: About those B&C Neo drivers....did you read what Matt (and some others) had to say about them?: http://forum.elitecaraudio.com/showthread.php?threadid=113255&pagenumber=2

Excellent read. Great info :D

Edit: I meant the first link about tuning :eyebrow:
Kali

audiolife
05-26-2005, 02:08 PM
there could be alot different as well all i know is to me there isnt a huge diff between a mylar dome and a titanium dome where you say "yup thats a mylar". by the time you buy the bodies it would be more than 1/3 as well and might be easier to tune the ids . the b and c idea was just sumthing i pondered aloud

audiolife
05-26-2005, 02:17 PM
think of it in terms of subs. eminence used to make tons of woofers for companies and some subs were close to the same but maybe performed differently. it just sorta blew my mind that they had a neo that looked the same is all.