05-26-2005, 12:08 AM
http://www.nerocam.com/SCC_TAPnew.asp

discuss

azbass
05-26-2005, 12:16 AM
wow

ntense702
05-26-2005, 12:19 AM
I can't believe they stripped the entire car like that, do you guys think that all that was really necessary, cuz I've never heard of someone doing something like that

PV Audio
05-26-2005, 12:19 AM
holy **** that article is old, i have that SCC from like last year

JAZN
05-26-2005, 12:24 AM
x2, thot it looked familiar.

marleyskater420
05-26-2005, 12:26 AM
well im sorry, i dont read rice mags.

i read **** that actually is informative. not "how to: install wing on 94 accord"

I read "how to:pull a motor, degree a cam, and understand the basic physics of air pressure"

Acidburn
05-26-2005, 12:37 AM
hahah thats awesome

it looked better afterwards anyway

marleyskater420
05-26-2005, 01:20 AM
I thought it looked alright prior to the "modifications" ...

Anyways, this is old news ... been posted before ... and belongs in the Car Performance section ...

USDM SR20 = t3h sux0rz ...

well not everyone goes to this forum.

**** bastard

AznRevlAzn
05-26-2005, 07:33 AM
wow, those pics are hilarious, then removed almost every unimportant part of hte vehicle, lol. and made it less than 1.9k lol

analogkid
05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
On a related note: Why does everyone think that the Sentra SE-R is good ? Has anyone actually driven it ? The usdm SR20DE is useless ... The QR25DE that replaced the SR20DE is significantly better in stock trim ...

The SR20DE isn't very fuel efficient (25 mpg isn't exactly stellar for a modern 2 liter, naturally-aspirated, 140 hp engine), it's heavy (only ~8% lighter than the larger iron-block KA24DE), it has little low-RPM power, and only 140 hp peak output ... The only thing it has going for it is potential as an SR20DET, but that requires low compression pistons ...

the one thing you dont know about those motors i guess is their extreme internal strength. not too many 4 cyl motors can run approx. 500 horse with reliability and STOCK internals. now im not a ricer but the sr20d is one of the notably great motors. for someone hot rodding their car at home, knowing you dont have to rip into the motor to make it pretty much as fast as you'd want it is good IMO.

analogkid
05-26-2005, 02:31 PM
Okay, just slap a turbo on an SR20DE and see where that gets you :rolleyes:

between a turbo a proper fuel and ignition system you can double the power without much hassle.

analogkid
05-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Re: worlds fastest sentra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, if you can read ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac
The only thing it has going for it is potential

yes now finish the sentence. i believe it was "as a sr20det but that requires low comp pistons". now you dont need different pistons to make a sr20d motor handle boost reliably. you just need to make sure you have no detonation at all. granted you dont need as much boost as the det because of the compression. plenty of cold air, alcohol injection and proper timing will make the power very reliably. theres more to life than just reading book smarts. that is only the first part. firsthand experience goes along way after that. ive done alot of work on alot of cars. i doubt you have.

negativezeroz
05-26-2005, 03:04 PM
:eek: Ive seen stripping but not that much especially for a lightweight for its size stock...last pic is the best..donut on the rear!!! :hilariou:

analogkid...ever worked on any VG's?

analogkid
05-26-2005, 10:05 PM
negative zero, i have only messed with a cold air setup and a 125 shot on a 300z.
jmac, i wish i still had all the car mags i used to. im not searching the web for it to attempt to prove a point.

negativezeroz
05-26-2005, 10:07 PM
what cold air system did you use? Jim Wolf, Injen, etc? I have K&N filters but ive always wanted an Injen intake...maybe even the JW Pop Chargers

Expy2000
05-26-2005, 10:10 PM
fast???

who cares it is still a crappy car.

:)

analogkid
05-26-2005, 10:26 PM
what cold air system did you use? Jim Wolf, Injen, etc? I have K&N filters but ive always wanted an Injen intake...maybe even the JW Pop Chargers

it was a while back i dont remember. i would say to you though, see if you can make the airpath TO the filters less restrictive. my neighbor has a 92 300z. ill ask him if i can scope it out and see if thats possible.

negativezeroz
05-26-2005, 11:16 PM
alright thanks mang :thumbsup:

marleyskater420
05-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Re: worlds fastest sentra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, if you can read ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac
The only thing it has going for it is potential

yes now finish the sentence. i believe it was "as a sr20det but that requires low comp pistons". now you dont need different pistons to make a sr20d motor handle boost reliably. you just need to make sure you have no detonation at all. granted you dont need as much boost as the det because of the compression. plenty of cold air, alcohol injection and proper timing will make the power very reliably. theres more to life than just reading book smarts. that is only the first part. firsthand experience goes along way after that. ive done alot of work on alot of cars. i doubt you have.

Yeah, but you can only get SO much air in at 7-9psi, which is what you'll be running at that boost level. True, the higher comp will help, but it will immediately mean you need higher octane.

The LS1 guys run into this problem, and they do add alky, but they are limited to about 8-9psi in completely stock form. Most get new heads which reduce the CR to be able to run an extra 2 psi.

Yes, the SR20 can handle boost reliably, but it will not handle anything over 10-12psi based solely on its stock CR,and the mere fact that 91 octane(in CA) is no good for high CR,FI motors. Unless of course you run about 13 degrees of timing.

any motor can handle boost, its a matter of what does it better.

tommyk90
05-27-2005, 02:05 AM
http://www.nerocam.com/SCC_Images/image033.jpg

That is, by far, one of the coolest pics i've ever seen. :laugh: :peace:

DragonCub
06-09-2005, 10:45 AM
what a waste of time and effort. they could have gottent he SPEC V and done some mods and gotten is as fast as that one.