PDA

View Full Version : What Air Ride System to Get?

NJack2AF
05-23-2005, 10:37 PM
Well... I think my Lincoln's air ride is starting to go out, I'm not sure how much longer it will last, but my dad said he will front me the money for a new one and I can pay him back monthly. What is a good air ride system that I can get for around a grand? I would like to get one that I can raise and lower at my will :naughty:

Polecat
05-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Air Ride :D

cappy72
05-24-2005, 10:17 AM
I knew someone that had an air ride system and they always recommended cyclinders.

NJack2AF
05-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Well does anybody know of one that has controls to raise/lower it on command and change the PSI to your liking? The stock one isn't gonna last much longer I don't think...

Polecat
05-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Well does anybody know of one that has controls to raise/lower it on command and change the PSI to your liking? The stock one isn't gonna last much longer I don't think...
Air Ride has a front adn rear, as well as side to side ability panels..

skeptikal
05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
dam rich *** homestead kids....

lol jp... forget the air ride, have your dad throw that grand on some freakin dubs!

saywhat?
05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
gotta have air ride to hold his rear up so his subs dont weigh him down. call jason at suicide doors. suicidedoors.com or mike mock over at gravity werx www.gravity-werx.com both are awsome people. ur lookin at well over a grand for this project though, look at about 2500 unless u do it yourself which is NOT reccomended unless your a very nice welder. if anything get some fire stone nine thousand and some lincoln brackets off egay. you should figure a way.

NJack2AF
05-27-2005, 09:00 PM
dam rich *** homestead kids....

lol jp... forget the air ride, have your dad throw that grand on some freakin dubs!

Haha... actually I'm friggin poor to be going to homestead ;)

LOL I don't think he would front me the $ for some dubs... but the Lincoln would be pimpin on some :cool:

Thx for that link man, but I have to keep it around a G

And yea pole I know, it's the front that's starting to go out, but I'm sure the back will too soon, so I midaswell get a whole new system :D

Loud3
11-15-2005, 02:51 PM
gotta have air ride to hold his rear up so his subs dont weigh him down. call jason at suicide doors. suicidedoors.com or mike mock over at gravity werx www.gravity-werx.com both are awsome people. ur lookin at well over a grand for this project though, look at about 2500 unless u do it yourself which is NOT reccomended unless your a very nice welder. if anything get some fire stone nine thousand and some lincoln brackets off egay. you should figure a way.

This coming from the kid that got shut down in the last forum topic about 30 inch wheels and his 'air ride knowledge. I agree that both Jason, and Mike are awesome guys, but I know I wouldn't dough out $2500! Haha.

If you're smart, you can piece together a system for around your ballpark price range. Valves. Air struts. Air line. Compressor... I can help you out.

Send me a message, and I'll go through it with you.

LoudCrownVic
11-15-2005, 03:14 PM
GAAAHHHHH!

You don't need to replace the whole system. You need to mod the existing system. Ive owned a Mark VIII before and they just need some help. Different airbags, "sandwich" compressors, and some mods to the air control.

Essentially, you will replace the leaking bags, maybe the compressor, and some different valves. Then you can go FBSS if you will. There are websites that describe how to do it! Just look around!

NJack2AF
11-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Well I already put shocks on it... Stiff ones, not the best idea I have ever had...

LoudCrownVic
11-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Well I already put shocks on it... Stiff ones, not the best idea I have ever had...

:crap: Oh well, hopefully you kept your compressor etc, so if you ever want to, you can go back to bags again. One thing I will say- only one other car I have owned handled better than my Mark VIII, and that is a Porsche. I hope you like yours :veryhapp: .

Gawd
11-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Strut it

NJack2AF
11-27-2005, 06:26 PM
:crap: Oh well, hopefully you kept your compressor etc, so if you ever want to, you can go back to bags again. One thing I will say- only one other car I have owned handled better than my Mark VIII, and that is a Porsche. I hope you like yours :veryhapp: .

Oh I love the Mark ;) and it does handle very nicely with the new shocks, it just took away from that smooth luxury ride quality that the bags gave it... Still a great car, I'll probably never get rid of it.

Slammed
12-14-2005, 11:27 PM
air struts are da ISH

I had a SMC setup in my 90 Accord lowrider....

EAI I heard make killa setups

SKyleS
04-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Air Ride Technologies man. AMAZING customer support and are extremely helpfull people. AMAZING kits too. A bit expensive, but well worth the money! (I use Air Ride Tech, love it!)

www.airride.com