PDA

View Full Version : NEW Pioneer P90RS & DEQP90

3.5Max6spd
05-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Now thats one **** unit/combo.. :naughty:
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=9470&taxonomy_id=25-121
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=9488&taxonomy_id=25-29

EFFENDI
05-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Dang, and I just bought my "domestic" P9 combo last week. The black looks pretty nice...but the specs look the same to me.

3.5Max6spd
05-23-2005, 06:00 PM
actually looking it over it appears they are the same...i see no changes

Kali77
05-23-2005, 06:10 PM
actually looking it over it appears they are the same...i see no changes

The black is still **** as hell :naughty:

Kali

DJ FURY
05-23-2005, 06:52 PM
That black is sharp.....i always wondered why they didnt have that option to begin with from the start....very nice unit......

JAZN
05-23-2005, 07:41 PM
who wet themselves?
*raises hand*

nine9sH
05-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Nice, this may be my next headunit

adam71
05-24-2005, 04:56 PM
This is going to sound a little biased but I like the US version a little better than the European version which is what those are. I may be wrong but I'm not so sure they are NEW either, I mean its a new unit to that country but its essentially the same as the P9 only a different colored faceplate. Not to mention its a Pioneer unit.....NOT a Premier unit. There are also a couple other things to consider.

1) that version has an RDS tuner which is pretty much useless in the US now a days since RDS is all but obsolete.

2) that version has NO digital input which the US version does have. A feature many of us would never need but none the less it doesn't have one.

3) that version is NOT even XM-ready since there is NO xm over in Europe.

Now if you want to see some units that are better than the US version of the P9 take a look at the Pioneer/Japan website. They have a line called "Carrozzeria" which is their version of Premier and those are the same color as the UK version but seem to be much nicer units. Still not XM ready of course. Well, they are compatible by backward compatibility, just not the same way new decks are.

squeak9798
05-24-2005, 05:04 PM
The black is still **** as hell :naughty:

Kali

:word:

title&registrat
05-25-2005, 06:25 PM
holy ****

audiolife
05-25-2005, 07:04 PM
This is going to sound a little biased but I like the US version a little better than the European version which is what those are. I may be wrong but I'm not so sure they are NEW either, I mean its a new unit to that country but its essentially the same as the P9 only a different colored faceplate. Not to mention its a Pioneer unit.....NOT a Premier unit. There are also a couple other things to consider.

1) that version has an RDS tuner which is pretty much useless in the US now a days since RDS is all but obsolete.

2) that version has NO digital input which the US version does have. A feature many of us would never need but none the less it doesn't have one.

3) that version is NOT even XM-ready since there is NO xm over in Europe.

Now if you want to see some units that are better than the US version of the P9 take a look at the Pioneer/Japan website. They have a line called "Carrozzeria" which is their version of Premier and those are the same color as the UK version but seem to be much nicer units. Still not XM ready of course. Well, they are compatible by backward compatibility, just not the same way new decks are.
thought xm on pioneer was p bus? i hooked one up to a older pioneer with p buss that was a model or 2 older than when xm even came out

adam71
05-25-2005, 07:28 PM
thought xm on pioneer was p bus? i hooked one up to a older pioneer with p buss that was a model or 2 older than when xm even came out

Thats what I meant by "backward compatibility". The older or (non XM ready) head units will recognize the XM tuner as an "External" source, NOT as an "XM Tuner".