PDA

View Full Version : attn: those with pioneer decks and noise problems

zachzchw
05-22-2005, 11:27 PM
What exactly was wrong with your deck? How did you determine this, as in what problems did you have?
After it was repaired, was the problem gone for good?

jacko
05-22-2005, 11:50 PM
after mine was repaired(~month ago) the prob was gone. all i got back from the report after i sent it is was that something was re-soldered.

zachzchw
05-23-2005, 12:07 AM
after mine was repaired(~month ago) the prob was gone. all i got back from the report after i sent it is was that something was re-soldered.

Good to know. Few questions for you:
1. How long did Pioneer take to fix it?
2. Was the problem present when you got the deck, or did it come after a while?
3. What problem were you having?

Youve been contributing to my noise thread, do you think a faulty deck could explain it, seeing as you had a bad deck yourself?

Thanks for your help, its appreciated.

jacko
05-23-2005, 11:38 AM
i went thru best buy, and they sent it out and had it back withen 5 days.(suprised me how fast). the problems only came after i dropped the live power wire in the trunk on the actual amp itself(my guess is that it sent a charge thru the amp->rca's->deck, or thru the turn on lead. I had alt whine and random noises(turn signals, power windows, etc.)

zachzchw
05-23-2005, 01:10 PM
As a last ditch effort, I tried a ground loop isolator- AND THE NOISE IS GONE!
THANK GOD!
I know its not a solution, just a band aid, but it works.

audiolife
05-23-2005, 02:27 PM
u also just lost 10 db of headroom. bet ya its a bad/cold solder joint in either the amp or deck.

zachzchw
05-23-2005, 02:38 PM
u also just lost 10 db of headroom. bet ya its a bad/cold solder joint in either the amp or deck.

How much of an impact on sound will that have?

audiolife
05-23-2005, 02:55 PM
imo pretty noticable. if you get into installing alot http://www.autosound2000.com/installation.htm tone genorator can isolate it DOWN to but not show if it is the deck i was gonna mention it to you earlier dont know how much you would use it though.

audiolife
05-23-2005, 03:14 PM
the dead give away to a bad ground in the rca path of SOME sort is the humming you heard thats also how i knew you had an amp lol

Chevillac
05-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Well, my noise problem i temp fixed it by grounding the rcas. The other problems i had, it took 52 days and 2 trips back to pioneer til it was fixed, and then the noise problem came. If you have a certain head unit, it goes to CA to be fixed by some other company now, supposedly thats why it took so long.

audiolife
05-23-2005, 07:18 PM
it can be fixxed at alot of locations generally goes to the place that has parts and is least backed up