PDA

View Full Version : my pioneer hu dead?

nwo504
05-22-2005, 06:42 PM
i was hooking my amp up and i got a messege on my p8mp saying "power ic damaged" now all i can hera is bass and cant adjust the volume or anything. The manual says they battery may be dead and to have it services asap. What kind of battery is in the hu and can I do it myself??

adam71
05-23-2005, 10:06 AM
I don't know of any battery in the deck. Your memory is kept by having a continuous connection to your vehicle's battery via the yellow wire. Thats why when you disconnect the battery you lose all your settings and the deck returns to "from the factory" state.

I think that error message may mean that your vehicle's battery is dead. But if that is indeed NOT the case then there is a problem and I would return the deck.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me on this.

mr Tibbs
05-23-2005, 11:40 PM
If it's the Premier it should have the 2 year warrenty. Is taking it in an option?

azbass
05-23-2005, 11:44 PM
i was hooking my amp up and i got a messege on my p8mp saying "power ic damaged" now all i can hera is bass and cant adjust the volume or anything. The manual says they battery may be dead and to have it services asap. What kind of battery is in the hu and can I do it myself??

call pioneer.