PDA

View Full Version : so WTF?! Now we're gonna have millions of good head units rip-off by sh*tty brand?

Slaugh
05-21-2005, 08:58 PM
while bored and surfin around i stumbled upon these headunits, which are a pure rip of Alpine head units...

http://img284.echo.cx/img284/8267/alfine2dr.jpg

so now are brands gonna legally start selling rip of products trying to pass as them?

i actually know even more alpine rip offs... but what was once funny, now is utter disturbing since everywhere i look i come across these freak show...

someone must stop them...

edit: btw this is how the Innovatek remote control looks like... lol got buttons?

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/player/1-DVD/MP3-389/remote-b.jpg

:laugh:

bonesninja
05-21-2005, 09:07 PM
where have you been----companies been doing it for years----get over it.

Slaugh
05-21-2005, 09:12 PM
but they were never as "realistic" as these ones...

hehe

desertheat
05-21-2005, 10:12 PM
Says the brand name right on it. No biggie. Not like anyone is going to confuse them with the brand name right on the face. And if they do confuse them then they really have no clue about car audio so it would not matter anyways.

zachzchw
05-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Says the brand name right on it. No biggie. Not like anyone is going to confuse them with the brand name right on the face. And if they do confuse them then they really have no clue about car audio so it would not matter anyways.

Exactly. People will buy these, without a doubt. The thinking will be "I always hear how good Alpine is, these look just like them, so they must be the same. I can get this for only ___, so Im getting a deal!"

Prowler573
05-21-2005, 11:48 PM
while bored and surfin around i stumbled upon these headunits, which are a pure rip of Alpine head units...

so now are brands gonna legally start selling rip of products trying to pass as them?

i actually know even more alpine rip offs... but what was once funny, now is utter disturbing since everywhere i look i come across these freak show...

someone must stop them...

:laugh:

Those aren't even as close as the "X-plore" stuff I've seen flooding eBay here of late comes to copying the brand they're obvisouly trying to counterfeit.

I kinda hafta agree with zach and desert on this one. Anyone buying that carp thinking they got a great deal on some quality gear most likely wouldn't know the difference between it and the real deal to begin with. Anyone with half an grain of sense will know that it is exactly the bargain-basement stuff that it is and buy it coz it fits their budget or not buy it at all.

flakko
05-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Those aren't even as close as the "X-plore" stuff I've seen flooding eBay here of late comes to copying the brand they're obvisouly trying to counterfeit.

I kinda hafta agree with zach and desert on this one. Anyone buying that carp thinking they got a great deal on some quality gear most likely wouldn't know the difference between it and the real deal to begin with. Anyone with half an grain of sense will know that it is exactly the bargain-basement stuff that it is and buy it coz it fits their budget or not buy it at all.

but innovatek is such an awesome brand name!! ima go buy one rite now!!!

btw check your pms prowler.

netherland24
05-22-2005, 01:10 AM
why is this thread not deleted yet? i find this to be a waste of space.

ndnbolla
05-22-2005, 01:52 AM
i find your post to be a waste of space and it should be deleted.
this one right here should be deleted too. :p:

one question though, if a post gets deleted, does that post still count towards total post count?

back on topic

===ghhhhhheeeeetttttttoooooo

zachzchw
05-22-2005, 01:57 AM

This is the first thread that has made you think that?

Ace_TX
05-22-2005, 07:54 AM
those one's are bad immitations, phoenix digital and xo have better looking clones

these are great for the mom and pops car stereo/tint/alarm place down the block to sell in there packages

Slaugh
05-22-2005, 09:25 AM
actually what i was really wanting to know (and i forgot to ask) is what can the original brand do about this? that was the original point of the thread ehehe

it seems like Alpine has no other choice besides leaving it this way...

can't they sue these companys or something for these?

Prowler573
05-22-2005, 01:22 PM
actually what i was really wanting to know (and i forgot to ask) is what can the original brand do about this? that was the original point of the thread ehehe

it seems like Alpine has no other choice besides leaving it this way...

can't they sue these companys or something for these?

Unless there is direct copyright infringement (such as using licensed names or images or stealing trademarked material) there's really nothing that the Alpine (or anyone else who has had a design copied) folks can do about it outside of be irritated about it.

Besides - at the end of the day imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Anyone who is willing to cough up two, three hundred dollars or more to buy an Alpine unit because they know they'll be getting a quality product most likely won't be perusing Boss' catalog. ;)

forbidden
05-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Hmmm, you don't think that even some of the brand name cd players are not coming out of Hyundai factories or whoever may be the cheapest bidder for the year..... Not alot of head units are made 100% by the people with the name on the front of them anymore. Part of the reason as to why you are seeing more and more look a like cd players and subs these days.

jujumantb
05-23-2005, 05:04 PM
STFU and take your ******* refferals down, nobody cares.. thats a waste of space.

squeak9798
05-23-2005, 05:08 PM
one question though, if a post gets deleted, does that post still count towards total post count?

No.

NJack2AF
05-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Heheh.... fat *****es give the best head cuz they are hungry... LMAO I like that!

billy18bm
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
wow those look liek something i regignice but definetally not copies or look alikes..
what brand do they look loike does it have PINE in it?

tK715
05-25-2005, 02:39 AM
that's what companies gotta do to stay in the market.

for me, i would walk right past a 'BOSS' HU.

SliderX
05-26-2005, 04:40 AM
You forgot Dynex :laugh:

Slaugh
05-26-2005, 10:18 AM
You forgot Dynex :laugh:
please post a picture of it

SliderX
05-26-2005, 04:08 PM
http://123megatoys.com/Images/OldStuff/Dynex/Picture-003.jpg

Slaugh
05-26-2005, 05:29 PM
http://123megatoys.com/Images/OldStuff/Dynex/Picture-003.jpg
rofl

i think this is already the fake version of the Boss fake Alpine version :laugh: