Closed Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Reload Thread: dls A3 enough power?????

  1. #1
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    dls A3 enough power?????

    think the dls A3 is enough to power the cdt es-620's? im lacking in midbass-the doors are deadened ,good baffles,good tuning and still lacking in midbass that i want. i want to hear double-kick drum and lowend guitar. i notice if you give your components alot more power you will get better results- want to know if it's just me and i dont like the es-620 sound for metal or if im under powering the cdt's.







  2. #2
    cjjackson85's Avatar
    cjjackson85 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    Quote Originally Posted by HERETIC
    think the dls A3 is enough to power the cdt es-620's? im lacking in midbass-the doors are deadened ,good baffles,good tuning and still lacking in midbass that i want. i want to hear double-kick drum and lowend guitar. i notice if you give your components alot more power you will get better results- want to know if it's just me and i dont like the es-620 sound for metal or if im under powering the cdt's.
    To really get the midbass kicking on those I'd get closer to 200w RMS. Before my Orion 8004 (100w RMS to each) I had my 620's on a US Acoustics USG2200 (200w RMS to each). The USG2200 put out the power the comps wanted...




  3. #3
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    that ***** that dls isnt strong enough- i can turn the gains all the way up on those cdts with minimal distortion. i didnt buy the dls A3 for those es-620's in the first place- i got the A3 to power some idq8's. any amp suggestions to power these cdt's????




  4. #4
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    i could always bridge the dls A3 but i think that it's way too much power for those cdt's!!!!




    ULTIMATE series A3 is a two-channel amplifier rated at 2 x 100 Watts. A true, dual mono block with separate power sources that provides typical output of 2 x 150 Watts with 4 ohm stereo and 550/870 Watts with 4/2 ohm mono.
    Built-in fan control. Built-in, variable 50-125 Hz switchable low-pass filter for subwoofers. Built-in variable 20-200 Hz. high-pass filter that can be used as a subsonic filter or high-pass filter for front systems. Dual power terminals where you can connect dual power feeds or a DLS Power Cap. Button for switching phases when you use it as a subwoofer amplifier.


    RMS output per channel at 13,8 volts, 20 Hz - 20 kHz , < 0,1% distortion.
    Mode : AB
    Number of channels : 2
    Nominal power in 4 ohm : 2 x 100 Watt
    Typical power in 4 ohm : 2 x 150 watt
    Typical power in 2 ohm : 2 x 270 Watt
    Typical power in 1 ohm : 2 x 425 Watt
    Typical power in 4 ohm bridge mode : 550 Watt
    Typical power in 2 ohm bridge mode : 870 Watt
    Typical power in 1,33 ohm bridge mode : 1000 watt
    S / N ratio, A-weighted : > 100 dB
    Damping factor : > 200
    Input impedance : > 10 kohm
    Input sensitivity, variable : 0,2 - 7 V
    Filter, highpass, variable : 20 - 200 Hz
    Filter lowpass, variable : 50-125 Hz
    Terminal for external cooling fan : Yes
    Double DC-inputs : Yes
    Phase shift button : Yes
    Current draw, idle : 1,1 A
    Current draw, maximum : 140 A
    Dimensions W x D x H : 410 x 240 x 73 mm (16,15 x 9,45 x 2,87 inch)




  5. #5
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    bump




  6. #6
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    bump




  7. #7
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    bump




  8. #8
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    Quote Originally Posted by HERETIC
    i could always bridge the dls A3 but i think that it's way too much power for those cdt's!!!!




    ULTIMATE series A3 is a two-channel amplifier rated at 2 x 100 Watts. A true, dual mono block with separate power sources that provides typical output of 2 x 150 Watts with 4 ohm stereo and 550/870 Watts with 4/2 ohm mono.
    Built-in fan control. Built-in, variable 50-125 Hz switchable low-pass filter for subwoofers. Built-in variable 20-200 Hz. high-pass filter that can be used as a subsonic filter or high-pass filter for front systems. Dual power terminals where you can connect dual power feeds or a DLS Power Cap. Button for switching phases when you use it as a subwoofer amplifier.


    RMS output per channel at 13,8 volts, 20 Hz - 20 kHz , < 0,1% distortion.
    Mode : AB
    Number of channels : 2
    Nominal power in 4 ohm : 2 x 100 Watt
    Typical power in 4 ohm : 2 x 150 watt
    Typical power in 2 ohm : 2 x 270 Watt
    Typical power in 1 ohm : 2 x 425 Watt
    Typical power in 4 ohm bridge mode : 550 Watt
    Typical power in 2 ohm bridge mode : 870 Watt
    Typical power in 1,33 ohm bridge mode : 1000 watt
    S / N ratio, A-weighted : > 100 dB
    Damping factor : > 200
    Input impedance : > 10 kohm
    Input sensitivity, variable : 0,2 - 7 V
    Filter, highpass, variable : 20 - 200 Hz
    Filter lowpass, variable : 50-125 Hz
    Terminal for external cooling fan : Yes
    Double DC-inputs : Yes
    Phase shift button : Yes
    Current draw, idle : 1,1 A
    Current draw, maximum : 140 A
    Dimensions W x D x H : 410 x 240 x 73 mm (16,15 x 9,45 x 2,87 inch)

    bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




  9. #9
    cjjackson85's Avatar
    cjjackson85 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9,061
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    Quote Originally Posted by HERETIC
    ...i can turn the gains all the way up on those cdts with minimal distortion...
    Don't do that, set the gains with this... http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63933

    As far as another amp, what's your budget? Any brand preferences?




  10. #10
    johnecon2001's Avatar
    johnecon2001 is offline SSA/ROE Super-Møderator



    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,137
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    get an ARC. If you were willing to spend the money on a DLS, than an ARC should be no problem. Try the 2500XXK. Or you can go to the older CXL series. Same stuff basically. Thats what I use.




    Don't PM me, I'm not here. Find me on SSA or ROE
    No, I won't re-upload the Big3 pictures. Don't ask.

  11. #11
    3.5Max6spd's Avatar
    3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    cxl2500/xxk2500 should do the trick

    some see it as a great a/b sub amp, I see it as an awesome answer for a passive fronstage- headroom is your friend and you'll never question needing more power up front thats for sure, my midbass rocks!



    rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

    Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade


    Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Grove City, OH
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    Well to be honest, you might have problems getting midbass out of doors. With my DLS speakers I really didn't get any midbass from them until I sealed them in kicks... Then it was, by far, astonishing.

    Also check speaker phasing, or use a MDF baffle, and make sure that the infinite baffle is as infinite as you can... seal up every pinhole in like a 2 foot radius of the speaker if it's in the door.




  13. #13
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    how about me bridging the amp? i can get 550 watts rms bridged @ 4ohm- would that make it sound like hell. the dls A3 is powering a set of cdt es-620's




  14. #14
    HERETIC's Avatar
    HERETIC is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    bump!!!!!!!!




  15. #15
    3.5Max6spd's Avatar
    3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws



    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: dls A3 enough power?????

    Quote Originally Posted by HERETIC
    how about me bridging the amp? i can get 550 watts rms bridged @ 4ohm- would that make it sound like hell. the dls A3 is powering a set of cdt es-620's
    cdts like power....that being said the Euro's are not known for their midbass prowress....so it'll come to the point where speaker placement/imaging would be your last resort to get what you are looking for.

    That is a quality amp, so if 100-150rms is not pushing them hard enough for you. Perhaps you are better off with another set .

    Bridging that 2 ch amp does absolutly nothing for your situation -you NEED 2 ch's, not 1



    rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

    Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade


    Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

Closed Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 03:16 PM
  2. hooked up correctly, power, but no sound. :(
    By rubix777 in forum Wiring, Electrical and Installation Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 03:19 PM
  3. Are these power ratings Strange?
    By bushtree in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-01-2004, 08:07 PM
  4. Theoretical Gains From Power Increase
    By IgnoreMe in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2004, 03:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum