Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Is there a better way or will this work? Subs and amp.

hijon is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Is there a better way or will this work? Subs and amp.

I am kind of new to all of this. I want to start putting together a system in my 1995 Ford Tarus. For my subs I am looking to buy two 10 inch Kicker 01C10vr4 (comp vr). They each have dual 4-ohm voice coils and rms for each sub is set at 300 watts. I plan on putting them in a sealed box. To power these subs I am looking a soundstream PIC2.600. At 2 ohms it is set at 2x300 and it can be bridged at 4 ohms 1x600, so I know I can wire the subs either way. I want suggestions before I purchase anything because the two subs will run me ~$170 and the amp another $249. I haven't seen much about either of these brands on the discussion board. If anybody has a suggestion for an alternative, please let me know. I am looking for superiour bass, not so much loud bass. I listen to classical music about a third of the time. So I need something that has very tight and accurate bass, not necessarily somthing that will shake my girlfriends house. Thanks.
    Last edited by hijon; 07-19-2002 at 01:18 AM.

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good choice on subs but not great on amp. however that amp will fit those sub perfectly if they are wired in series and will give them the 600x1 and run them at rms, so actually yeah not a bad choice. another good amp to look at would be the jbl600.1 if it is 1 ohm stable not sure if it is.

adam

Closed Thread

User Tag List