Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Custom plans for saturn?

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to mount an amp in a Saturn SL2? I have been searching through sound domain and have only seen finnished products of custom made racks and boxes. If there is anywhere that has the plans for these sort of things, that would help me out a lot, I'm looking for a nice setup that takes up the least amount of space, is flush and looks nice.

Thanks,

Robb
    (by the way, if this is the wrong topic to be posting this thread please direct me to the best category, thank you.)

97 Saturn SL2
    H: Alpine 7871
    FS: Alpine S 6 3/4
    RS: Infinity Kappa 6 1/2
    A: LA S3.400
    S: JL W04

Inferno13 is offline Jah live!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well if your seats fold down you could install it behind one of your seats. try it out. the only thing that id worry about would be if it overheated. but if your amp has a fan i wouldnt worry about it. the other place which is where i have my speaker's amp mounted is in the back arm rest which folds down. in the back seat you pull on it in the middle of the seat and it folds down and you could mount your amp there too. but again you'd need a fan in it to keep it cool. just some food for thught.

alpinESaturn! is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, that might be a good place to put it behind one of the fold down seats, as my amp came with a fan built in (good old Lightning Audio). Now, can I still put the sub box flush against there, or would I have to move it out some? As for the arm rest, If I had one, that would be a perfect spot for the amp, but unfortunately I do not. Thank you for the suggestions though. Any more food for thought? Keep those ideas rolling!

Thanks again,

Robb

97 Saturn SL2
    H: Alpine 7871
    FS: Alpine S 6 3/4
    RS: Infinity Kappa 6 1/2
    A: LA S3.400
    S: JL W04

Closed Thread

User Tag List