Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Amp advice.....

IndigoMachine is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Amp advice.....

Ok.... was thinking of buying some American Legacy Red Series 1200 w..... but I don't think many people here like the legacys..... Am I right? Opinions on legacy, what SHOULD I get (I may be on a tight budget). I'll probably be running two 12" 1000w Volfenhag subs off them, unless someone knows better about them too.

Thanks for the help.

abercrombie2582 is offline TURBOCHARGED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    get yourself a jbl 600.1 and a pair of adire audio shivas. 185 for the amp at www.ikesound.com or www.bsless.com and 125 for each sub at www.adireaudio.com

Inferno13 is offline Jah live!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i agree. legacy is definately a no go. it gives u some very crappy watts which actually freeze up your subs. so id stay away from the legacy line.

chris229 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've NEVER blown or had problems with ANY amp I had. I ran a old legacy 4-ch 1000w for my sub add it worked fine. I now use it for my highs. I think the reason most people blow these cheap amps is it because they are cheap and they don't understand the loads they are wiring to the amp OR distort the hell out of them cause they want more power and cann't afford it. Just because I've never had problems doesn't mean you'll be fine. It just like a kid who gets a 4 cylinder car and drives around redlining it everywhere. When it blows up the kid calls the car a lemon or crap. When really it is the person drive it to hell.

Closed Thread