Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Infinity amp cuts out

EarDrummin. is offline Is this my Brahma?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    -Sup, I checked the wires coming out of the HU.. they're not rca wires, though. I have an rca adapter screwed on my box. The connections were fine.

-I checked the remote turn on wire, also secure at both ends.

I have Perfect 12.1dvc's. The voice coils are 2 ohms each, and I wired them parallel. I don't think they go outside the range of the amp though.

I only have this amp running off the head unit, and the power light does not fade. I know nothing about alternators, it's possible that's the problem, the car is 12 years old. But I did a little more testing, and when I turn the gain way up and the it's at a fairly high volume, there is a terrible high pitched resonating in the box (loud!).

I'm really disappointed, I don't want to send it back. Who knows how long it will take them to fix it, and by then it will be a "double refurbished" amp. Plainly it will be a piece of junk, unless they do a great job repairing it.. which is doubtful since they usually use aftermarket components to refurbish amps. |3astards! Thanks for all your help, if you have any more suggestions I could test before I send it out that'd be great. If not, wish me luck.

Audi A6
    Alpine 7897
    MBQuart discus
    JBL bp1200.1
    Brahma 15

AOL: Rav3Cultre
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/eardrummin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You didn't mention the ground, check that if you haven't.

-Sup, I checked the wires coming out of the HU.. they're not rca wires, though. I have an rca adapter screwed on my box. The connections were fine.
    Try getting a pair of RCA's from a store, you can return them later, try to switch them, and see if that will make a difference.

But I did a little more testing, and when I turn the gain way up and the it's at a fairly high volume, there is a terrible high pitched resonating in the box (loud!).
    Sounds like a signal problem, RCA's are responsible for delivering the signal, that is where I would start, talk to Chris, he can give some methods of testing.

mrmagoo_83 is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The rest of your system stays at the correct level when the subs shut off right?

Your RCA adapter could be going bad. But I would still think it was the amp unfortanitly.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2