Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this a good setup

Im goanna hook up 2 1100 watt Sony XM-SD51X class D amps http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14689

to 2 12" Sony 1100 watt subs with a Sony CDX-F7700 Mp3 max power 52 watts http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=13713

running 4 gage wire for + & - off a power block from a stinger 1 fard capacitor

just to know this is being put in a 2000 chevy blazer LE. does this sound like an ok hook up iv also got a 1600 watt legacy amp that i don't know what to hook it up to yet any ideas or comments.

nosaj070 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is this a good setup

I'm gonna go ahead and say thats not worth the money. First max ratings in general are meaningless. That amp is only 500 watts at 2 ohms, assuming its not overrated like many sony amps have been in the past. There are many other budget options that are better choices. For the subs, you never told us what they were, but once again, sony's car audio really isn't impressive anymore. There are much better choices in 12" subs for most likely less money. The cd player isn't bad at all, and you probably won't have any problems with it, so as long as you like the interface. My past experience with recent sony HU's is that they skip relativley easy, but that was only in two models I've used. Dont buy a cap either, most of the time they dont' help anyway, and especially with the low power you are running it won't do anything except maybe hurt it.
    Give us a budget and we'll give you plenty of suggestions.

Alpine CDA-7995, A/D/S 3 Series Comps, ED 8A, SoundStream Reference 604, 98 Civic Sedan
    AIM: nosaj070

analogkid is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im not gonna say it wont work, but you can do better with 600 bux.... i mean embarass the sony stuff in sound quality as well as SPL.

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'll be blunt. no. my very first system consisted of sony. i blew 4 sony xplod subs. i got them at walmart and i would always buy a new one then put my blown one in the box and return it. the cone cracked on one of them. the sony amp wasn't too bad but it went into protect alot. this is bringing back some bad and embarrasing memories.

Termlab is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nosaj070
    I'm gonna go ahead and say thats not worth the money. First max ratings in general are meaningless. That amp is only 500 watts at 2 ohms, assuming its not overrated like many sony amps have been in the past. There are many other budget options that are better choices. For the subs, you never told us what they were, but once again, sony's car audio really isn't impressive anymore. There are much better choices in 12" subs for most likely less money. The cd player isn't bad at all, and you probably won't have any problems with it, so as long as you like the interface. My past experience with recent sony HU's is that they skip relativley easy, but that was only in two models I've used. Dont buy a cap either, most of the time they dont' help anyway, and especially with the low power you are running it won't do anything except maybe hurt it.
    Give us a budget and we'll give you plenty of suggestions.

this guy pretty much covered it...

Closed Thread