View Poll Results: Who makes the best amps in your opinion?

Voters
43. This poll is closed
  • JBL

19 44.19%
  • US Amps

2 4.65%
  • JL

11 25.58%
  • Fosgate

6 13.95%
  • Zapco

5 11.63%
Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Official JBL BP 1200.1 thread

JTz62 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Official JBL BP 1200.1 thread

Ok, for the little while I've been here I've noticed a few things and I hope no one takes this the wrong way. Just about every thread where someone was asking what amp, the invariable answer is the 1200.1, or the 600.1. Don't get me wrong, I make the same suggestion all the time when it is a budget issue and I own 2 myself. The JBL BP series are great amps for the money. Probably the best bang for the buck amplifier out right now. They put out what they say plus some, work at 1 or 2 ohms, aren't really current hogs, and are very reliable. But there are other amps out there! I very much understand the need to have a quality product that is inexpensive, but when making your selections don't forget some of the other manufacturers that have quality products as well. Phoenix Gold Ti, Kicker, MTX, Fosgate, US Amps, Zapco, Linear Power and others all make very nice stuff, many with more features than the JBL. I'm not saying don't suggest or buy them, because if you only have 250 or so and want 1200+ watts, they're the way to go hands down. But if you have a little more to spend, don't be afraid to be a little different....thats all.

93 Cougar - under construction...again

62 Impala....up for sale

mr4pto is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As much as everyone likes to argue about what is the best amplifier or whatever, isnt all based on situation and personal desire. I mean if you have 300 to spend on a amp and you wants tons of bass, yeh the jbl seems like a great choice. But what if you have 500 or 1000 or 2000$ to spend on a amp. Does that make another amp such as a zapco or xtant a better choice just cause they cost more? Does that make the jbl amp any less of an amp. No, of course not. I personally love my xtant amps and I think they are very clean and powerful indeed. I'd like to believe they are some of the best amps out there, but its interesting that in this poll you made they aren't even listed. And the other great brands out there such as kicker, ppi, and mcintosh (IMO). I think all these amps are good amps and its really personal opinion and installation that makes the big difference in all this. If all you want is 145 DB and dont care how you get it, a 1200.1 and a brahma may be a great way to go about it, but there is just so much out there how can everyone agree on the best this or that. I mean hell you can take the best amp in the world and feed a 16 ga power wire and itll sound like crap no matter what Oh well that's my 2 sense....btw of that group in the poll I like Zapco the best

Headunit: Eclipse CD8443
    Front Stage: Boston Acoustics Z6
    Rear Stage: Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5
    Subwoofer: Dual JL 10W7 Sealed Enclosure
    Mid/High Amplifier: JL Audio 450/4
    Subwoofer Amplifier: JL Audio 1000/1

JTz62 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by mr4pto
    As much as everyone likes to argue about what is the best amplifier or whatever, isnt all based on situation and personal desire. I mean if you have 300 to spend on a amp and you wants tons of bass, yeh the jbl seems like a great choice. But what if you have 500 or 1000 or 2000$ to spend on a amp. Does that make another amp such as a zapco or xtant a better choice just cause they cost more? Does that make the jbl amp any less of an amp. No, of course not. I personally love my xtant amps and I think they are very clean and powerful indeed. I'd like to believe they are some of the best amps out there, but its interesting that in this poll you made they aren't even listed. And the other great brands out there such as kicker, ppi, and mcintosh (IMO). I think all these amps are good amps and its really personal opinion and installation that makes the big difference in all this. If all you want is 145 DB and dont care how you get it, a 1200.1 and a brahma may be a great way to go about it, but there is just so much out there how can everyone agree on the best this or that. I mean hell you can take the best amp in the world and feed a 16 ga power wire and itll sound like crap no matter what Oh well that's my 2 sense....btw of that group in the poll I like Zapco the best
    I didn't mean to imply that the JBL's aren't great amps, because they are. I just wanted to point out to everyone that they aren't the only choice out there. I agree with you 100% about the Xtant, PPI and McIntosh being quality amps, and there are numerous others. Those 5 just came to mind the quickest, my hands hurt ,and it only gave me 5 choices for the poll, so I went with those. I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from purchasing them by no means, just to look around some before they do.

93 Cougar - under construction...again

62 Impala....up for sale

mr4pto is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I completely agree with you. From reading this forum a lot I almost believe that people are a little too fast to suggest the 1200.1 for an amp and a brahma for a sub. Like I see those two things mentioned so much and I know you guys arent that narrowminded at all cause I see some really interesting and hear about all kinds of new things on here. I personally have never heard any of the jbl amps, but I would really like ot one day. Maybe some one I know will get one, but for me theres no point to purchasing it (heh I have all the amp I want from my xtants). I do find it hard to believe that jbl puts out that great of product, but its amazing how many people recommend it. Like I said I would really like to hearit and will never say anything negative about it just cause of the manufacturer Anyways I wish more people would state their opinions on this best amp thing and btw sorry JT didnt realize you could only pick 5 choices for the vote thing. When I saw that I was just like what is this guy thinking hehe. Later,

Bobby

Headunit: Eclipse CD8443
    Front Stage: Boston Acoustics Z6
    Rear Stage: Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5
    Subwoofer: Dual JL 10W7 Sealed Enclosure
    Mid/High Amplifier: JL Audio 450/4
    Subwoofer Amplifier: JL Audio 1000/1

rctecinc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jbl 1200.1

i choose jbl cause i just purchased one, and i did base that purchase on your guys feedback.. so its obvious that i going to choose the amp i just spent my hard earned money on...
    but to touch up on the point that mr4pto made.....what will make me go out and spend the extra 400 dollars on a jl amp that has similar rating? does anyone know? cause i dont....and keep in mind that i did do my homework on the amp and it seems to be a very popular amp with people that compete.

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Best amp??? I then to like Autotek, Zapco, Kicker, and Crossfire as my favorite expensive amps. I really like Autoek amps, because of their clean power...and I also love PG...Other amps I like JBL, JL, RF, some MTX, PPI, etc.

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

EVOECLIPSE is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dont for get about the orion amps or the visonik's and the crossfire's!!

i took a shot in the dark with my visonik about 1 year ago and i came out with a kick *** amp. they can be purchased very cheap on ebay! even cheaper than the jbl can be!

03 S-10 xtreme

HEAD UNIT - Kenwood Excelon KDC-X869

4X6'S - Kenwood Excelon KFC-X468c

6.5's - Kenwood Excelon KFC-X168

SUB AMP - JBL BP1200.1

SUB - Kicker Solo Baric S10L7D2

Closed Thread