Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Low Priced Amps

ArchAngel is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Low Priced Amps

Hey I am going to be hooking up what will hopefully be a decent system in my 2000 Eclipse in the next few months. It actually may take as long as xmas for me to get all the money and supplies together. But anyway I was looking for a decent amp that is low cost and will push 2 alpine 12" type r's or 2 kappa perfects of the same size. I came across some crunch amps that might fit the bill. But since I don't know anything about some of these off brands I wanted the oppinion of a knowledgeable board. The amps I was looking at were all in the Vdrive series from crunch. Any general info on these amps would be a big help. I guess if I get the money together by then I'll be getting either Kicker or RF amps. But I have to plan cheep so I don't get dissappointed in the end.

Thanks,
    Chris

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also noticed some decent prices on ultimate titanium amps...any comments on them?

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just get a JBL and get a proven performer. Then there's US Acoustics and Ultimate, which you have mentioned.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

outoffocus is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My money goes for Lightning Audio. Their "Bolt" series absolutely strokes the competition for the dough. I got B350.1 at www.usautosounds.com for about $200 and this baby peaks at over 1000 watts! SHAZAAM!!!!!!!!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks I will definitly look into JBL as well as lightning. I heard something about the lightning amps being made by RF and then just being badged differently ...is there any truth to this? Anyway I also saw some autotek stuff on ebay for decent prices. I did a forum search and didn't find much if anything bad about these amps. I may go with one of them if they're still around when it's time to buy.

wesleysh is offline Senior VIP w/large Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually the grapevine says its the Bolt series that you need to avoid from Lightning Audio, its the Strike series that is similarly built to the RF's.

I'm never wrong, EVER! Just ask me.

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by outoffocus
    My money goes for Lightning Audio. Their "Bolt" series absolutely strokes the competition for the dough. I got B350.1 at www.usautosounds.com for about $200 and this baby peaks at over 1000 watts! SHAZAAM!!!!!!!!!!
    I've heard good stuff about LA as far as price/performance too, but it's never a good idea to brag about your amp's "peak" output.

Anyway, as usual, I have to throw out the lanzar vibe series. There's the 1200D that will kill just about any pair of 12's and they have the 230 or 240 that will do a nice job on some components.

You might try ebay. There have been a handful of optidrives go for next to nothing which IMO are up there with some of the best amps you can get.

'99 Taurus SHO (welded)
    • HU: Stock - Scosche SLC-4
    • Comps: Lanzar Opti6c w/Opti400x4d
    • Rear fill: Stock
    • Sub: Lanzar Opti1232D w/Opti1000.1d
    ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=en_force_r&ftab =AllFeedback

chevy808 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What about the storm series from lightning Audio? Is it any good?

ace7733 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would recommend a JBL 600.

-

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    **** these other dudes outtof focus is right lightning Audio "Bolt" Will Preforme Good While Very hott
    I have a Vitural tech Hammer and I Unwound the Voice coil And I Bottoms all the time
    And the Amp is rated at 400 Watts

rctecinc is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

amps

if a deal is what u want then i have one for you. i have two crunch amps almost new....
    i used them for about three weeks and then i went out and spent about 2000 on a new system, but ill tell you the truth these amps are ok for the price... you wont find any better for this price........for 200 and you pay shipping.. ill send you two amps one for your bass and one for your highs....

high amp........p4175....175rms..x..4 each channel....but i think its less than that
    sub amp.........P2250.....250rms..x..2 each channel...but its a little less...

not bad for a quick start. their in mint condition....

also these amps run at 2ohms stable.
    Last edited by rctecinc; 06-26-2002 at 11:30 AM.

JTz62 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by LBX2G
    **** these other dudes outof focus is right lightning Audio "Bolt" Will Preforme Good While Very hott
    I have a Vitural tech Hammer and I Unwound the Voice coil And I Bottoms all the time
    And the Amp is rated at 400 Watts
    Well if it preforme good, it wouldn't get that hot. If you must go with Lightning, then please stay away from the Bolt series. It is a decent entry level amp, but thats it. Go with the Strike series if anything. The new Kicker amps are very nice, with plenty of power but a little expensive. If it comes down to your budget, I would say get the JBL 600.1

93 Cougar - under construction...again

62 Impala....up for sale

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by JTz62

Well if it preforme good, it wouldn't get that hot. If you must go with Lightning, then please stay away from the Bolt series. It is a decent entry level amp, but thats it. Go with the Strike series if anything. The new Kicker amps are very nice, with plenty of power but a little expensive. If it comes down to your budget, I would say get the JBL 600.1

Hey ***** do you have to cut every thng i Say down Get off my nuts sack Because your mother is doing a much better job

I bet my system eill bet urs

Daniel is offline Caraudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by JTz62
    both of them are alright, and i think the S series is called the storm not strike im not sure though.. the storm ones are way better i think but both are alright, and yes the jbl 600.1 would be a good choice.

Originally posted by LBX2G
    Hey ***** do you have to cut every thng i Say down Get off my nuts sack Because your mother is doing a much better job

I bet my system eill bet urs
    chill out because there is no way u can tell if his is better or yours is, and his not putting down the bolt series, they are just decent entry amps, which is not bad... he is just helping some one out. most people dont have as good luck with those amps as you do, so you should be happy your 350.1 hit 1000w peak.

2010 Nissan Frontier
    working on it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Daniel

both of them are alright, and i think the S series is called the storm not strike im not sure though.. the storm ones are way better i think but both are alright, and yes the jbl 600.1 would be a good choice.

chill out because there is no way u can tell if his is better or yours is, and his not putting down the bolt series, they are just decent entry amps, which is not bad... he is just helping some one out. most people dont have as good luck with those amps as you do, so you should be happy your 350.1 hit 1000w peak.
    I do not have the 350.1. I have the 200.2 And It has Blown my v-tech hammer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast