Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What is the best amp to run these speakers?

del
    del is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What is the best amp to run these speakers?

I just recently purchased some Infinity Kappa 693.5i 6 X 9 speakers for my ride and I have a JDM Kenwood 6 1/2 component that I bought in Japan. I know the Infinity Kappa 6 X 9's have a 110w RMS power and 330w max power per speaker and for the JDM Kenwood 6 1/2 component...I am not sure about how many watts of RMS it can take , I only know that it has a 160w of max power per speaker. I also have a JDM headunit that has a 45X4 max load. So, I would like to know what would is the best possible amp to run these speakers. I would like to buy the best possible amp, so I am not really on a budget.

indosia is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the infinitys are your rear speakers, they don't need much power. If there to loud, it will seem like the music is comning from behind you. Although if you don't have a subwoofer then these will be used for bass, A 100x2 watt rms amplifier should be fine.

del

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by indosia
    If the infinitys are your rear speakers, they don't need much power. If there to loud, it will seem like the music is comning from behind you. Although if you don't have a subwoofer then these will be used for bass, A 100x2 watt rms amplifier should be fine.
    What brand sells the best 100x2 watt rms amplifier?

indosia is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Look for an Alpine MRV-T757 Its rated 100x2, with a damping factor >500. Its got a fan to, you might be able to find one on ebay for around ($200), alpine discontinued this amp last year. The JL Audio 300/2 is rated 150x2 ($400) retail. PPi makes one that is 125x2 ($400) retail. Either of these would be ideal. If you can't spend that much, kenwood makes a nice 100x2 amp ($179.

bootleg is offline Got Adire?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    JL makes a bad *** little amp the 300/2 and the 300/4. They push around 150 RMS for the two channel and has more features and tweaking capabilities than you could understand to use. It's like $275 at www.caraudioshopping.com . Now if you were getting very serious I'd sudgest some McIntosh amps. Don't realy know where to find those online.

Just for grins you could go look at www.memcaraudio.com , they make some of the best stuff available.

'94 Dodge Ram Std. Cab Sport Red

100' Sound Deading
    1/0 Power & Ground

Adire Audio 12" Shiva
    Custom Sealed Fiber-glass Box

'03 Spring Install:
    Clarion DXZ635MP
    US Acoustics USX2100
    US Acoustics USX2080
    ID & Adire Front Stage
    Adire Audio 12" Shiva Mk. III

del

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Originally posted by indosia
    Look for an Alpine MRV-T757 Its rated 100x2, with a damping factor >500. Its got a fan to, you might be able to find one on ebay for around ($200), alpine discontinued this amp last year. The JL Audio 300/2 is rated 150x2 ($400) retail. PPi makes one that is 125x2 ($400) retail. Either of these would be ideal. If you can't spend that much, kenwood makes a nice 100x2 amp ($179.
    So, let me get this straight....it would be alright to go a little over the RMS watt rating? 'Cuz I know the Infinity Kappa's have a 110 RMS watt rating! Would it better to go a little higher power amp like a 125 x 2 or 150 x 2 then going lower power amp..say a 100 x 2? If I go with a higher power amp like a 125 x 2 or a 150 x 2....would it blow my speakers? What would you suggest....'cuz I'm looking into the Kenwood Excelon's, PPI's, Hifonic's, and Phoenix Gold Titanium amps?

bass_mekanik is offline i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    :p as far as i am concerned over powering speakers is good i prefer to over power a speaker than under power it because if you over power it then you have mofe headroom i.e. volume ability:p

Alpine 7892 Deck will get converted to am mp3 deck one day

Apline DLC-176A splits

Alpine MRD-M1000 sub amp i want 3 more

Alpine MRV-T320 Split amp

Alpine SWS-1241 woofers X2 they are mums i have better subs in store

144.5 Db's worth on a linear X with mummys subs sealed wait till i port them and unleash the fury

7 Months and 2 jobs later i am back louder smarter and alot poorer so watch yo asses cause i am back

The aussie rice boi Slammed pulsar on 18's and tyres that are as thick as a condom :P

Closed Thread