Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How do i set this up?

lowcru is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do i set this up?

how would i hook an amp up to a component set in the front and 6 x 9's in the back. I have 2 sets of preamp's but the rear ones are used for the subs. Running theese speakers off the deck just isn't enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Use the fronts ..

I'm assuming you have a 4 channel amp.? If you have a 4 channel amp just split your rca's coming from the head unit with y adapters (1female - 2 male) send the 2 right channel rca's to the front and rear rca inputs of the amp. and the same with the left. If you only have a 2 channel amp for these 4 speakers then run the left component in parallel with the left 6x9 and the same with the right channel. You won't lose power that way because it would create a 2 ohm stereo load which pretty much all amps on the market today can handle. By the way, I agree with you on the head unit powr...I havent' used a head to power a speaker since the late 80's. I hope this helps man. Later

Larry
    Last edited by Larrydehp920r; 06-05-2002 at 05:39 AM.

beastyle is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    www.altavista.com, lookup word = "TRIMODE"

just do so, u'll find out that you already have all the power you need to power all your speakers straight from the amp but still separated at a later piont

Humanity my mirror,
    Madness what I see

Closed Thread