Reload Thread: Audiobahn A2300 Hct Problem

itsanthonyhere is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon14 Audiobahn A2300 Hct Problem

I have a 94 celica, and I put in a system about 2 months ago. I have an audiobahn a2300 HCT amp, sucker weighs abour 54 pounds. I have a problem tho. A couple of days ago I was driving around, and all of a sudden my amp just went out, the lights went out and then there was no sound in the subs. Then after a few minutes it would come back on, and it would start "flickering." Then the next day it just never came on.

Unfortunately, I did not have enough money for an 0 guage or a 2 guage kit, so I am currently running 4 guage wire on through this right now.

Also, my battery terminals were pretty corroded when I had all this installed (Best buy did it for me....don't ask why) but they cleaned them off before they attatched the first wire. (Not really a "wire")

One more thing, the subwoofer has neons that are running off of electricity coming from the amp. but the amp is not working? Why won't my amp turn on does anyone know?!?!?!!??! I spent like 2 grand on this amp and subs and I really wish I knew what the problem was

luckiebrand13 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Audiobahn A2300 Hct Problem

Try checking the remote wire from your head unit to your amp (its the blue wire). Also get gold plated terminals for your battery as well as make sure they are still clean and free of corrosion. Corrosion is a leading cause of bad connections. Another thing you NEED to do and Must do is get 0 guage wire. That sh*t is going to end up melting and you won't like the aftermath that it causes. You can find it very reasonably priced if you shop around. What kind of subs are you pushing?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have audiobahns also, best ones circuit city had, not sure of the model number, but they are 800 watts RMS and i think 2800 peak for each sub, I couldnt find any subs that were around the continuous power for the amp so I had to stick with those. So do you think a reason that it stopped wroking was because I don't have thick enough cable? I mean I just dont get how the neons on the subs are working if the amp power isnt working

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first, you DO have enough money for 1\0 but you didnt know it.

did you know you can get 1\0 guage for ~$2.25 a foot? YES YOU CAN!

you can get it here- comes in a variaty of colors too!
    www.knukonceptz.com

NEXT! you can also get BATTERY TERMINALS for that 1\0 guage wire on that same site! I SUGGEST IT!

and LAST, it sounds like your battery is a pile of shit (no offense) and its leaking all over and its the origional battery.... this is real bad. get a new battery - you want to look for somthing that has 900+ CCA (cold cranking amps) and is deep cycle.

but before you do any of that crap, go and check EVERY WIRE IN YOUR SYSTEM. make sure its connected TIGHTLY and is in the correct spot (we all know best buys rep..)

you want to make sure your ground wires are connected to BARE METAL (no paint) and are clean of rust\grease\anything else.

and yea, do what mr luckie man said, check your REM wire all the way from the back of the head unit all the way to the amp, it might have gotten pinched or shorted, hell, maybe pulled out for some reason.

do the neons turn on? how about your car? does your car start without any problems? do you have any pictures of your setup?

i hope this has helped.

and if you get 1\0 from knukonceptz (great customer service btw) make sure you get a FUSE\HOLDER for the LENGTH AND SIZE of that wire- and buy some 1\0 crimp terminals while your at it.

maybe youll spend $20~40 tops.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too late for that site, I just bought an 0 guage off of ebay. So that will be here soon.. As far as all the wires go....dude....I don't know that much about this system yet.....its not as easy as everyone elses systems....i have like 5 more different things than they do.

As far as your neon question....the neons on the amp dont come on...no....nothing on the amp comes on.....just the subs neons...

Heres somethin scary...when i was driving....the red status light on the amp was flickering.....wtf does that mean..

I have a friend that can check all this out and ill look at it tomorrow.....

the weird thing is a couple of days ago my car actually wouldnt start....it was just chokin but the spark plugs didnt spark......it was really scary.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait so now that I think of it, it must just be the ground wire coming loose.............Ok in the last system that was in the car with the owner before me.....the ground wire was attached to the rear suspension thing.....if its not on those two where else would the guys have putten it?

Norcalracer283 is offline 4 more years of hell....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ground it to any bare metal surface.

1995 Nissan Maxima
    Alpine 9847
    CDT CL-61A components
    Alpine Type R 2 way Coax's
    2 10" Alpine SWR1041D
    Audiobahn A8002T
    Hifonics TX4405
    Edead v1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea ground wires can also have a bad effect on your system, and if it has a bad connection, the amp will start to flicker with power and send power surges to your subs. It looks pretty cool, but not very good on them.

Norcalracer283 is offline 4 more years of hell....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would make sure ur ground is right....without a good ground, ur system can spaz....

1995 Nissan Maxima
    Alpine 9847
    CDT CL-61A components
    Alpine Type R 2 way Coax's
    2 10" Alpine SWR1041D
    Audiobahn A8002T
    Hifonics TX4405
    Edead v1

JimJ is offline Tangled Up in Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.25/ft. for 1/0 gauge is overpriced...try welding cable, usually it's 75 cents to a dollar cheaper...

bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the HCT series amps from audiobahn are power hungry, if you don't use the right size wire it can send them into protect mode, also if running the 2300HCT i would personally recommend running a dual battery setup with a battery somewhat near the amp. THat would help immensly with that amps crave for more power. but your on the right track by geting some 0 guage or even 2 ga.(maybe) and Make sure that your ground and power wire connections are free of all corrosive or paint products.. make sure it metal on metal.

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bigred i have not seen u post here in a while.....

But yeah get the right wire and also get an alt up grade or aleast and batcap.

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iceteebone is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by itsanthonyhere
    I have a 94 celica, and I put in a system about 2 months ago. I have an audiobahn a2300 HCT amp, sucker weighs abour 54 pounds. I have a problem tho. A couple of days ago I was driving around, and all of a sudden my amp just went out, the lights went out and then there was no sound in the subs. Then after a few minutes it would come back on, and it would start "flickering." Then the next day it just never came on.

Unfortunately, I did not have enough money for an 0 guage or a 2 guage kit, so I am currently running 4 guage wire on through this right now.

Also, my battery terminals were pretty corroded when I had all this installed (Best buy did it for me....don't ask why) but they cleaned them off before they attatched the first wire. (Not really a "wire")

One more thing, the subwoofer has neons that are running off of electricity coming from the amp. but the amp is not working? Why won't my amp turn on does anyone know?!?!?!!??! I spent like 2 grand on this amp and subs and I really wish I knew what the problem was

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=74193

bigred78797 is offline Audiobahn Junkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY crap.. something just passed by my reading.. did you say you spent 2 grand on that amp and a few subs.. you got taken man.. unless those were some treo subs or something.. the series that circut city sells arn't that great by the way.. you should get some AWIS10p's or AWIS12p's to take full adavantage of that amp. That amp will usually cost me around 500 with the subs around 200 each. Just for future references... don't stop at circuit city or best buy for your car audio needs.. go to a specialty shop... I tend to not trust anyone who actively sells Sony explodes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigred78797
    I tend to not trust anyone who actively sells Sony explodes.

AMEN

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast