squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Arc Audio and Audison

Quote Originally Posted by CarlB
    Oh, I have all the specs, im not a complete idiot :P
    But the Arc XXK cand CXL series are the same, just that the XXK is better than the CXL, and hence more expensive.
    They are exactly the same boards, but the XXK has a more efficient heatsink design for heat dissipation. That is the only difference between the two. So if you will keep your amps on the cool side most of the time (i.e. not drive them hard into low-ohm impedences), then go with the CXL......plus IMO the CXL look better

As far as I know, Audison isn't imported into the US anymore (I do realize you are in Canada, but my point is that finding an online dealer may be hard in Northern America unless Canada has a distributor)......Red Mountain Audo in the US used to be, but they went under.

Also, there is a member on other forums named "dingaling" (on www.elitecaraudio.com, www.caraudioforum.com, www.soundillusions.net, www. carsound.com) who used to be a rep for Arc and could get the amps for a good price, whether or not he can still do that I do not know.

3.5Max6spd is offline yo mama no wear no draws

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^Only difference between the CXL and XXK lines is the casing- If you open up an XXK, the board will say CXL X%$*

CXL is discontinued, I bought Arc's SEMA 1500D-R CXL demo piece since they are all gone, the 4150's and 2500's are all gone as well- the CXL models typically run $30-40 shy of the XXK if any are left (i.e. 2100's, 2050's etc....)

rainbow....homemade sounds best
    DYNAUDIO E S O T E C....Mobile Fidelity

Panasonic Vacuum Tube
    TRU Technology SSLD6
    TRU Technology STEEL S44 & S500
    DYNAUDIO Esotec System 362
    Dynaudio MW190 12" (x2) IB
    Stinger Expert/Esoteric Audio Isopath/Cascade

Refs-NE14MX , jdavis37, anarchy57, mj121983 , ll kadoy ll, TheBigDu , cdj ,Kawasaki STX-R ,Fdeez ,Ksin291,meangta, lil azn 06, HAVINGFUN, Loud1500, Flipx99 , jjunior887 ,mastarecoil ,slammed , T3mpest ,westerbud, Airman21, bconn587, LexNBimmer,namike, alphakenny1, HebrewHammer,chadillac,remiserg, purerx7tt, OCURIEL, coneO,Igno,Iluvzmzm,godzukiduce,CrazedCat,skylar11 2,
    bose301s,qwertvt

CarlB is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just posting an update here. There is an Audison dealer in Calgary, and ive been working, so haven't had time to check the prices there, I will try to post when I get them. My friend got his amps there I guess (he just bought Audison amps, and I haven't asked him where, so I HOPE I can get a sweet deal on them).

Arc Audio replied to my email pretty quick, 2 days, very pleased with that, as I logged onto my email to find my email from Eclipse from 2 weeks ago was answered today, and I think they missed a bit of it. Which is still better than an RE email which hasn't been replied yet (apparently they had a massive backup, so Im not mad).

I only asked for a couple prices for amps, not the whole list, but anyone interested can get a idea about what they are, if you are in the market.
    All prices came in CDN, and I translated them to American, so they may be off. These are also retail prices. They said I could get a discounted price from buying straight from them If I buy direct, they also come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. LIFETIME.

2100 XXK - $619
    1500D XXK - $1174
    2500 XXK - $1050

CXL - no longer available, has been replaced by the XXK series

400.2 KAR - $430
    900.1D KAR - $585
    1000.2T KAR - $705

EDITED:like 30 min after posting. If you read it then, read it again. Never read it? Don't worry about it!
    Last edited by CarlB; 09-03-2004 at 08:11 PM.

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

I would love to run ARC, but there are so many other amps I want to try first

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2