Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Reload Thread: tube amp question

brandontw is offline just some guy

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: tube amp question

i think i can help. The dictionary defintion of distortion is: the falsified reproduction of an audio or video signal caused by change in the wave form of the original signal. so therefore if the tube amp is causing any change in the music, whether it is making it "better" or not, by warmth, it is technically distortion.

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonb5150
    These children cant get off this Richard persons **** about harmonic distortion, something both he and other members of this board have demonstrated multiple times they know nothing of.

Related to David Lee Roth? Your agression emulates it.

Go take this dicussion up with him. www.CarSound.com I'm sure he'd love to educate you.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss
    so does this mean that people who obviously dont know what they are talking about should stop arguing??
    Don't recall saying that ... didn't even intend on anyone even coming to that conclusion

Argue all you want, just keep it civilized.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol look guy im not here to be called a punk. i have been selling this crap for oooohhhh 15 yrs. i know alot of world champions in sound quality i my self am a 2nd and 4th place finisher in national events in sound quality. i have a degree in electronics engineering technologies i have been a rep for manufacturers. i am also a certified installer. from your posts i can plainly see you dont know how the electronic side works. i also sold tube amps preamps and even tube cd players for 2 years. want me to go on? i dont if you want it all drawn out for you go to the link up there and fight with richard clark and bring a portable cooler a towel and some pain killers for the beating you will take. he has graphs official tests and challenges where you can make a few grand......just a little word of warning NOONE HAS WON and its been going on for 10 yrs. let me also ask do you believe the hype about $400 a foot rca cable? funny thing up there i asked a few questions and i get no reply to that other than a "i know this" and get called a punk lol. so i guess i'll just ask this in a totally non subjective way. what do you tube amp lovers know . how is this measured? distortion? what is ohms law ? remember NON SUBJECTIVE i want facts not "it sounds better.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

hoss is offline imma genius. so **** it!

inside icetee, while he is inside seths sister
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ss3079
    Don't recall saying that ... didn't even intend on anyone even coming to that conclusion

Argue all you want, just keep it civilized.

- Steve
    hehe, wasnt trying to put words in your mouth man. i was just saying that there are alot of people trying to go against facts using their oppinions.

i now return you to the normally scheduled thread, already in progress.

193dBman is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

J/w but why is everyone round here all up on richard clarks ****. All he did was prove capacitors dont do **** and say that any two amps can sound ******. I dont get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he has done a lot more than that. i guess it just depends on when you started this hobby ....david navone is pretty good in his own right as well.

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

audiomortis is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiolife
    when you get to that point of all tubey this and that you are no longer really listening to clapton you are listening to what you want him to sound like....
    so, do you think that eric clapton would listen to a tubed amplifier? I've recorded albums, and I prefer to listen to them on tubed amps. it sounds more like when we were in the studio listening to 2" tape through a trident (tubed) board, and tubed amps. The whole point of building a home stereo is for it to sound the way you like. You sold/sell the stuff. You should be able to understand tonal prefrences. You may want everything to sound like a "perfect reproduction"(which is scientificly impossible), but I don't. I like PtoP wired tubed amps. I like alnico speakers. I like tone. I like how easy they are to fix too. I just dont' like circut boards much at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

see thats where you and i differ if i wanna listen to clapton it wouldnt be in a studio..he would be on stage. hell you can make alfalfa from little rascals sound good but whats the point?

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what's the point of making it sound worse if you can make it sound better?

and if you can get clapton to play some Cream songs for me in person right now, that would be awesome, and I'm sure better than my Grado headphones here at work.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 193dBman
    J/w but why is everyone round here all up on richard clarks ****. All he did was prove capacitors dont do **** and say that any two amps can sound ******. I dont get it.

You obviously have NO idea who RC is. I don't personally care for the man myself (he is an arrogant ***), and I don't really care for the "groupies" who think he is god and speak his word as gospel.......but that is far from "all he did". He also helped design the largest subwoofer ever, as well as release a few hundred (maybe thousand) pages worth of technical articles.

www.autosound2000.com is his companies website.

squeak9798 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i know of only 2 real full TUBE amps that were ever avalible in a car set up and i know of many others who just used them on the output section (maybe just input its been almost 2 years since i dug into the car tube amp thing) .
    Most car audio tube amps (US Amps, Butler, etc etc) only have tubes on the input section. They still have solid state outputs. Milbert makes true tube amps, and Tru Technology is coming out with the C7.2AT which is a true tube amp. There are a few more...but I can't think of them right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

make it sound worse? who says its worse? its suppost to sound the same. i dont like my music milli vanillied. i wont go to a concert thats lip synced. i wanna hear the real deal

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

make it sound worse? who says its worse? its suppost to sound the same. i dont like my music milli vanillied. i wont go to a concert thats lip synced. i wanna hear the real deal

This is so ridiculous that I can't even imagine where I would start. A lip-synced concert and listening to an album through a class A tubed amplifier aren't related in ANY WAY. I mean, the whole "I would rather listen live" comment was pointless enough, but this is awe inspiring in its irrelevancy. I'm just going to try and pretend I never read this and hope that the insanity of it doesn't affect me in the long term.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yawn

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC