+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 56 of 56

Reload Thread: Looking for amp recommendations

  1. #46
    ikpthegame's Avatar
    ikpthegame is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Ok question on the Wolfram amp, I'll be running it at 1ohm, how hot does it get? I might only be able to install it under my seat and the seat will be resting on top of it. Do you think it would do ok?







  2. #47
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is online now CHEAP A/F



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    17
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2712 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by ikpthegame View Post
    Ok question on the Wolfram amp, I'll be running it at 1ohm, how hot does it get? I might only be able to install it under my seat and the seat will be resting on top of it. Do you think it would do ok?
    that ain't gonna be great for any amp., need to see if u can add a fan or 2 under there..



    KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    2 ohms rule

  3. #48
    bigblank69's Avatar
    bigblank69 is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Huntley, IL
    Posts
    1,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    701 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    It will do fine if you don’t beat the thing to death for hours on end... my Orion’s are underseat mounted



    Head Unit: Pioneer Avic-5201NEX
    Amplifiers: Orion XTR1000.4, Alphard DB-2000.1D
    Front Speakers: Infinity Perfect 600 Components
    Rear Speakers: Image Dynamics ID6.5
    Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 12TW3-D4

  4. #49
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    14,539
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6182 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblank69 View Post
    It will do fine if you don’t beat the thing to death for hours on end... my Orion’s are underseat mounted
    Same here...as long as air gets around it, your fine. And don't cover it with anything.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Interstate battery
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps (New amps coming soon)
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  5. #50
    shredder2's Avatar
    shredder2 is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    1,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Foxbox on 1500 watts?.. id go sealed first. I'm not sure where you'll be tuned once the displacements in the Foxbox are accounted for and the last underseat Foxbox I saw had pitiful port area... certainly not enough for a 1500 watt amp
    I could be wrong but IMO sealed would be preferable to that Foxknocks (at 45hz).




  6. #51
    Beentown's Avatar
    Beentown is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Central, OH
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by shredder2 View Post
    Foxbox on 1500 watts?.. id go sealed first. I'm not sure where you'll be tuned once the displacements in the Foxbox are accounted for and the last underseat Foxbox I saw had pitiful port area... certainly not enough for a 1500 watt amp
    I could be wrong but IMO sealed would be preferable to that Foxknocks (at 45hz).
    I disagree. I run two in my work trucks. They perform excellent. One has 1200 watts to it (NVX 1200.1) and the other has 500 watts to it. Both are excellent.

    Worst part is the port points towards the cab vent. Bzzzzzz.....

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk




  7. #52
    Beentown's Avatar
    Beentown is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Central, OH
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Also, the Foxbox is 1.55cuft per sub. Tuned at 35hz.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk




  8. #53
    shredder2's Avatar
    shredder2 is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    1,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by Beentown View Post
    Also, the Foxbox is 1.55cuft per sub. Tuned at 35hz.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    is it 1.55ft3 net ad?.. I suppose I could be wrong but the volumes and tunings given are before displacement unless I'm mistaken




  9. #54
    Beentown's Avatar
    Beentown is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Central, OH
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by shredder2 View Post
    is it 1.55ft3 net ad?.. I suppose I could be wrong but the volumes and tunings given are before displacement unless I'm mistaken
    Before displacement. The problem he will run into is finding subs that fit. SA's fit but anything with a large magnet or designed deep will not fit.

    But that is always the case for underseat applications. Especially those using the storage compartments as the main area to get air volume.

    The only downside I have for mine are the loss of the cup holder area. Not that I need the holders but that it looks...weird without the cutouts matching.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk




  10. #55
    shredder2's Avatar
    shredder2 is online now CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Phoenix Az
    Posts
    1,507
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Could you link the box you've got thats 1.55ft3 per?.. Im curious if you'd measure the port area and length for me... I'd like to check tuning ad if It's not too much trouble, what sub are you using btw?




  11. #56
    Beentown's Avatar
    Beentown is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Central, OH
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

    Re: Looking for amp recommendations

    Quote Originally Posted by shredder2 View Post
    Could you link the box you've got thats 1.55ft3 per?.. Im curious if you'd measure the port area and length for me... I'd like to check tuning ad if It's not too much trouble, what sub are you using btw?
    Yeah, not measuring ports as I would have to remove the subs to do so.

    One has JBL gt-10's on 500 watts. It is the original box for 10's which was 1.15 cu ft (I believe, it's been a while) per sub.

    The other has SA-12's now. It has had others.

    The 12 and 10 box is the same now, just use adapters for tens. Haven't used the new version.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk




+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for a recommendation for a sub and amp
    By fenderbendr in forum Subwoofers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2017, 09:15 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum