+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Reload Thread: Amplifier recommendation

  1. #1
    mattman2040's Avatar
    mattman2040 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    US
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Amplifier recommendation

    Hey guys new to the forum wondering if i can get some advice from the experts. Taking a trip to fl to my mothers house. While im down there im gonna brush the dust of my 2 kicker 12" solobaric L5s. Miss my babies.
    For my old setup I had a cheap 3000w amp pushing the both of the them. It served its purpose. That amp is dead and gone and looking to purchase a better quality but not bank breaking amp.
    I believe the ratings per speaker is 1,500w max with an either 600 or 700w rms rating. Im sorry i havent laid eyes on these bad boys in almost 4 years, so I dont remember the resistance rating. If someone could throw some recommendations my way it would be greatly appreciated!
    Im looking for a quality setup, gonna run a zero gauge wiring kit with a gel cell battery swap. 2016 jeep grand cherokee. Thx

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk







  2. #2
    mattman2040's Avatar
    mattman2040 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    US
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by mattman2040 View Post
    Hey guys new to the forum wondering if i can get some advice from the experts. Taking a trip to fl to my mothers house. While im down there im gonna brush the dust of my 2 kicker 12" solobaric L5s. Miss my babies.
    For my old setup I had a cheap 3000w amp pushing the both of the them. It served its purpose. That amp is dead and gone and looking to purchase a better quality but not bank breaking amp.
    I believe the ratings per speaker is 1,500w max with an either 600 or 700w rms rating. Im sorry i havent laid eyes on these bad boys in almost 4 years, so I dont remember the resistance rating. If someone could throw some recommendations my way it would be greatly appreciated!
    Im looking for a quality setup, gonna run a zero gauge wiring kit with a gel cell battery swap. 2016 jeep grand cherokee. Thx

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Also speakers are wired parallel in a single kicker box with 1 termination on the box itself

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk




  3. #3
    shredder1's Avatar
    shredder1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    671 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Are those dual 4 ohm only?... I don't remember... that's the one thing anyone needs to know... impedance...



    The Budget Beater Blazer Build... Lookin' for those Basshead Problems!

  4. #4
    youdoofus's Avatar
    youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants



    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    the void of space called the midwest
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by mattman2040 View Post
    Hey guys new to the forum wondering if i can get some advice from the experts. Taking a trip to fl to my mothers house. While im down there im gonna brush the dust of my 2 kicker 12" solobaric L5s. Miss my babies.
    For my old setup I had a cheap 3000w amp pushing the both of the them. It served its purpose. That amp is dead and gone and looking to purchase a better quality but not bank breaking amp.
    I believe the ratings per speaker is 1,500w max with an either 600 or 700w rms rating. Im sorry i havent laid eyes on these bad boys in almost 4 years, so I dont remember the resistance rating. If someone could throw some recommendations my way it would be greatly appreciated!
    Im looking for a quality setup, gonna run a zero gauge wiring kit with a gel cell battery swap. 2016 jeep grand cherokee. Thx

    Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    resistance is futile!!! i mean resistance is the key here, if theyre dual 4 ohm and you have 1 termination cup its highly likely that you have them wired to 1 ohm, and that opens up tons of possibilities in the korean market. Whats your budget? Bank breaking is defined very differently by differnt folks. You can get some real power to them with any number of good amps, but the only big one ive had is the SoundQubed SQ2200.1 (the new model is the 2200.2 which makes evem ore power than the .1) for less than $500 and thyre very reliable and beastly



    2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

  5. #5
    shredder1's Avatar
    shredder1 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    671 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by youdoofus View Post
    resistance is futile!!! i mean resistance is the key here, if theyre dual 4 ohm and you have 1 termination cup its highly likely that you have them wired to 1 ohm, and that opens up tons of possibilities in the korean market. Whats your budget? Bank breaking is defined very differently by differnt folks. You can get some real power to them with any number of good amps, but the only big one ive had is the SoundQubed SQ2200.1 (the new model is the 2200.2 which makes evem ore power than the .1) for less than $500 and thyre very reliable and beastly
    Uh oh... they're coming!... LOL!





    Sorry... I'm bored...



    The Budget Beater Blazer Build... Lookin' for those Basshead Problems!

  6. #6
    Boomin_tahoe's Avatar
    Boomin_tahoe is offline Hurtin' feelings errrday.



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    9,880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4159 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by shredder1 View Post
    Uh oh... they're coming!... LOL!





    Sorry... I'm bored...
    Is that the Borg ship?!

    200 bucks can get you this * NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

    It's the best deal on the market right now for a 1600 watt amp.



    97 4 dr. Tahoe
    Optima redtop
    Alpine 9835
    Polk Audio MM6501 comps
    Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500D & 4.500 amps
    2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.
    Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

  7. Likes shredder1 liked this post
  8. #7
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline YEAH I'M A CHEAP BAST*RD BOOMINGRANDPA is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1008 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    omg borg, nice (huge 7 of 9 fan lol).. yeah u should look at cab amp (see them on bottom of shredders posts).. be aware those subs may not last long after sitting for yrs..



    KENWOOD X301 HU , PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000, SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

  9. #8
    youdoofus's Avatar
    youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants



    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    the void of space called the midwest
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    The Borg doesn't approve of the sub's not lasting long due to sitting for too long, it will be assimilated!!



    2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

  10. Likes macsdad liked this post
  11. #9
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline YEAH I'M A CHEAP BAST*RD BOOMINGRANDPA is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1008 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by youdoofus View Post
    The Borg doesn't approve of the sub's not lasting long due to sitting for too long, it will be assimilated!!
    lol ya'll r killin' it today



    KENWOOD X301 HU , PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000, SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

  12. #10
    youdoofus's Avatar
    youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants



    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    the void of space called the midwest
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    lol ya'll r killin' it today
    the silliness is strong with Youdoofus! A young jedi in the art of goofing off he is



    2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

  13. #11
    BOOMINGRANDPA's Avatar
    BOOMINGRANDPA is offline YEAH I'M A CHEAP BAST*RD BOOMINGRANDPA is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1008 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by youdoofus View Post
    the silliness is strong with Youdoofus! A young jedi in the art of goofing off he is
    wow thats like the 3rd movie u been quoting today..



    KENWOOD X301 HU , PIONEER CHAMP PRO 3003d4 12, 1.65 CF SLOT PORTED TUNED TO 35 HZ, PRECISION POWER P1000, SOUNDQUBED 6.5" coax, xover (hu) AGM starting batt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcgVGvuFX8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4yGDqN27g

  14. #12
    youdoofus's Avatar
    youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants



    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    the void of space called the midwest
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by BOOMINGRANDPA View Post
    wow thats like the 3rd movie u been quoting today..
    "I would not say such things if I were you!!!!" Are ya familiar with that one?



    2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

  15. #13
    Kam311's Avatar
    Kam311 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Twisted sounds 1.3k
    Crescendo symphony s1500
    US amps Mike 1500
    Audioqubed 1200

    Those are the amps I would look at for good quality and a good price point for about 1500w which is around what you need. That is assuming you are wired at 1ohm. It's important to know that for sure before buying. There are plenty of other amps that can be on this list but these are off the top of my head.




  16. #14
    youdoofus's Avatar
    youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants



    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    the void of space called the midwest
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Kam311 View Post
    Twisted sounds 1.3k
    Crescendo symphony s1500
    US amps Mike 1500
    Audioqubed 1200

    Those are the amps I would look at for good quality and a good price point for about 1500w which is around what you need. That is assuming you are wired at 1ohm. It's important to know that for sure before buying. There are plenty of other amps that can be on this list but these are off the top of my head.
    AudioQubed is now SoundQubed

    way to re-rail a derailed conversation yo! :P



    2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

  17. #15
    youdoofus's Avatar
    youdoofus is offline Well, hello Mr.Fancypants



    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    the void of space called the midwest
    Posts
    1,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    556 Post(s)

    Re: Amplifier recommendation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomin_tahoe View Post
    Is that the Borg ship?!

    200 bucks can get you this * NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

    It's the best deal on the market right now for a 1600 watt amp.
    the amp he mentioned here has been the biggest splash for sub amps as of late in this forum and several people have been using them with very positive results.



    off the wall brand name for car audio, but if youve been out of the game for a while, youll notice that there are tons of brands that just didnt exist too terribly long ago. The old standards arent necessarily the go to anymore. That being said, there are still some good ones from the brands of yesteryear. @BOOMINGRANDPA has the PPI in his sig that you can get for a relative steal, but might not be enough power for 2 subs.

    https://www.amazon.com/P1000-1-Preci.../dp/B005KW10ES

    165 for that, but for $35 more the CAB 1600 is a better fit
    @shredder1 has 2 of em if im not mistaken (those are the amps pictured in his sig at least)



    2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)
    2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)
    Pioneer AVH-X4500bt
    SQ 2200.1
    Stock front and rears (theyre actually squirrels listening to headphones that ive trained to sing what theyre hearing)

    I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

  18. Likes shredder1 liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 5 or 6 channel amplifier recommendations?
    By Hercules in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 11:24 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 03:16 AM
  3. Amplifier Recommendation
    By GReddyBooSTer in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2005, 10:25 PM
  4. Amplifier Recommendation
    By GReddyBooSTer in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 05:41 PM
  5. Need Amplifier Recommendation
    By jinetix in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 10:18 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum