+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Reload Thread: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

  1. #16
    Jeffdachef's Avatar
    Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Coast Metro, CA
    Posts
    13,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5995 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by LosissaTool View Post
    Amperage^2×impedance=power.
    I do this to test motors as well.
    doesnt explain why at 3% gain to max gain there was only a 9 volt difference. However when you have subs hooked up, THERES a major AUDIBLE difference as you go up. Definitely not 9 volts



    09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.




  2. #17
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    doesnt explain why at 3% gain to max gain there was only a 9 volt difference. However when you have subs hooked up, THERES a major AUDIBLE difference as you go up. Definitely not 9 volts
    Its probably not the actual outputs being limited. The input section might be to blame..
    30^2 is 900
    39^2 1520
    Plus its averaging so 60 and 78
    3600
    6084 respectively
    Honestly its a guess. Id really have to get my hands on it.



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  3. #18
    Jeffdachef's Avatar
    Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Coast Metro, CA
    Posts
    13,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5995 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by LosissaTool View Post
    Its probably not the actual outputs being limited. The input section might be to blame..
    30^2 is 900
    39^2 1520
    Plus its averaging so 60 and 78
    3600
    6084 respectively
    Honestly its a guess. Id really have to get my hands on it.
    3600 watts only and its way louder than 8281 watts on the ampere? Yeah dude its wierd as fk.



    09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

  4. #19
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    3600 watts only and its way louder than 8281 watts on the ampere? Yeah dude its wierd as fk.
    Double the voltage. Then square it multiply by id probably use .8 since its low frequency
    Last edited by LosissaTool; 1 Week Ago at 07:59 AM.



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  5. #20
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's




    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  6. #21
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's




    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  7. #22
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    You welcome. Problem solved.
    But in short you need to know duty cycle and the peak voltage of the dc pulse. Its easier and more accurate because you have much more time when the voltage peaks its drastically reduces the sampling rate..square wave has a much longer peak voltage to sample from..



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  8. #23
    gotgixers's Avatar
    gotgixers is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Athens, TN
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by LosissaTool View Post
    This is the DMM I use .....



    Refs;Bought from: Boomsday, special_k_1999, BAD_MAYEM, C1500Martin, roko, Michaellane
    Sold to: sam_b03, Nate121, Smaxor5, Boomsday, unrealii, paulluap,technobass,gmc123

    #Boominburban
    Four JS Ult 300 amp alts
    One 75ah agm under hood - Four 126ah agm's out back - 8 runs of 2/0 royal excelene
    80 prs HU - PPI DSP -88R DSP - PPI E.7 EQ for fine tuning
    Four PPI p600.2 on front stage
    4 CDT HD-M6's / 2 DS18 6.5 neopros / 2 DS18 tw210 tweeters
    Taramps HD 15000 on 6 FU Audio 1250-15's

  9. #24
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by gotgixers View Post
    This is the DMM I use .....
    The brizillians use pwm outputs while zenon uses a modified sinewave.
    I told fucktards that last year over on www.caraudio Classifieds.com
    Watch me find the thread and you can confirm i was again correct. Lol



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  10. #25
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by gotgixers View Post
    This is the DMM I use .....
    I can show you how with almost any dmm and its better to use tge peak function and calculate rms because of the nature of the output waveform..



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  11. #26
    gotgixers's Avatar
    gotgixers is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Athens, TN
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    373 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Use a TL Magnum in split screen, with two sets of amp probes and clamps. It reads the output voltage also. You should be up around 135vac+ ...



    Refs;Bought from: Boomsday, special_k_1999, BAD_MAYEM, C1500Martin, roko, Michaellane
    Sold to: sam_b03, Nate121, Smaxor5, Boomsday, unrealii, paulluap,technobass,gmc123

    #Boominburban
    Four JS Ult 300 amp alts
    One 75ah agm under hood - Four 126ah agm's out back - 8 runs of 2/0 royal excelene
    80 prs HU - PPI DSP -88R DSP - PPI E.7 EQ for fine tuning
    Four PPI p600.2 on front stage
    4 CDT HD-M6's / 2 DS18 6.5 neopros / 2 DS18 tw210 tweeters
    Taramps HD 15000 on 6 FU Audio 1250-15's

  12. #27
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by gotgixers View Post
    Use a TL Magnum in split screen, with two sets of amp probes and clamps. It reads the output voltage also. You should be up around 135vac+ ...
    Since the pulses are 180degrees out of phase at peak as long as you use the peakhold function you should be pretty accurate.. im gonna look at how they get a "contunious" figure after all contunious means the rise/fall of the sine wave is linear in fashion and can be calculated easly.when you account for lag/lead.
    This is more realiant on modulation and duty cycle.

    To answer your question @Jeffdachef

    The gain in voltage and duty cycle is proportional to output.
    In other words voltage has little change but the duty cycle decreases while increasing the switching speed instead of peak voltage.
    The meter won't read the negetivity charged pulse because its an inverse flow of current so they basically absorb each other.

    phase shifts as outlput increases from higher switching speed to use the mean rating and the higher sample rate. Which prbably went for 500hz to 5khz so even though you had a substantual gain in voltage the meter couldnt measure it because the switching speed was way to high.
    Escentually it was starting to cancel out in the meters eyes. Lol.
    Last edited by LosissaTool; 1 Week Ago at 09:12 AM.



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  13. #28
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    @adulbrich
    Remember the thread over on ca? Proof i was right and i NEVER TOUCHED THE AMP I KNOW THEY OUTPUT TOPOLOGLY WITHOUT EVER TESTING ONE.



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

  14. #29
    Jeffdachef's Avatar
    Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South Coast Metro, CA
    Posts
    13,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5995 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    thats nice but i'm not gonna drop that much money just so i can "set my gains" when its already at a level i'm fine with. I'd rather put that money towards electrical where it actually matters.



    09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

  15. #30
    LosissaTool's Avatar
    LosissaTool is online now DD subs are the best!



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pensacola, Florida
    Age
    31
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3984 Post(s)

    Re: Gain matching taramps hd15k's

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    thats nice but i'm not gonna drop that much money just so i can "set my gains" when its already at a level i'm fine with. I'd rather put that money towards electrical where it actually matters.
    Did you say you needed some compacators?



    Fuck you papermaker

    2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T
    JBL MS-8
    DD M1c, DD SS4A
    IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed
    Hertz HT28
    Hertz HV165XL
    Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.
    I'm an expert because I work in a factory!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gain matching required for strapped SAZ-1500D's?
    By timma100 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 03:04 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 10:47 AM
  3. How to Gain match Strapped amps with meter?
    By Bass911 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 10:32 PM
  4. Amp Gain Matched To Head Unit Voltage
    By Obscure in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 06:43 PM
  5. Gain Matching Amps
    By havoc06 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2003, 08:31 AM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum