+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reload Thread: Taramps Bass 12k

Papermaker85 is offline Better built than bought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Re: Taramps Bass 12k

Quote Originally Posted by shizzzon View Post
    IF anyone has any questions, we are the source for Taramp's information, pricing, dealership, tech support, etc..

All amplifiers of Brazil are mostly designed with midbass/range/tweeters in mind.

Frequencies below 30hz are not important so internal parts to support such sub range isnt much cared for.

There are guidelines to safely operate amplifiers like Taramp's for proper use on subwoofers.
    We provide these guidelines.

The problem is we are just one distributor. There is more than 1 and all of their dealers as well.

Other sellers to not educate/inform the purchaser of the guidelines and products fail or not following our guidelines, products can fail.

While that had/has been going on for some time, it was also brought to Taramp's attention at the end of 2013 or 2014(can't remember), we had meeting with Taramp's engineer about USA designed amplifiers that can handle abuse without failure.

To make this brief-

Only the Taramp's HD8000 eX, HD15000 and Bass 12K meet these requirements.

HD15000s are moving very well lately as all three of these amplifiers have more protection on them than a typical korean amplifier does.

These three amplifiers have 6-way Digital System Protection with a few upgraded internals.

The HD15000s have been tested on 0.5ohm and the recent Bass12k has been tested on 0.187 ohm loads for burps. I'd say these are ready for the US environment.

It's only a matter of time where we realize these are a great product to own.
    Unlike other brands who only warranty their large amplifiers based on manufacturer defect, We ensure Taramp's provides Fee-Free warranty service within 1st year of ownership to the result of any failure. We want the US to be proud of owning products that are engineered with the customer in mind.
    there should be no guidelines on running an amplifier.
    use the proper wiring set he gain and listen

Insidious Audio

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6492 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub7sonoma View Post
    I meant 8k at 1ohm final load
    We are talking about the bass 12k not the HD 8k thats a whole totally different line of amps not made for .25 ohm loads. The bass 12k daymian said he ran over 5 minutes of music at .25 ohm loads with no issues. Pulled a 159.6db with a single bass 12k at .25 ohms.

Just because its "taramps" doesnt mean you lump all models up and judge them based on X model's performance. Any testing done with the HD series at .25 ohms do not correlate to any performance with the bass series at all as they are totally different amp lines. The bass series are full on subwoofer duty amps that can be wired to very low ohm loads vs the old hd series. The new HD EX series can handle half ohm daily as well however i never saw .25 ohm load tests but many run them half ohm for daily.

Quote Originally Posted by papermaker View Post
    there should be no guidelines on running an amplifier.
    use the proper wiring set he gain and listen
    there's guidelines for any amplfiier on the market to be ran properly. Just because you are complacent with abusing koreans doesnt mean you can be a [email protected] with amps with different technology... However now you can with the bass series but still... back then the people that blew the old models of taramps operated out of manufacturer's guidlines.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post
    We are talking about the bass 12k not the HD 8k thats a whole totally different line of amps not made for .25 ohm loads. The bass 12k daymian said he ran over 5 minutes of music at .25 ohm loads with no issues. Pulled a 159.6db with a single bass 12k at .25 ohms.

Just because its "taramps" doesnt mean you lump all models up and judge them based on X model's performance.

there's guidelines for any amplfiier on the market to be ran properly. Just because you are complacent with abusing koreans doesn't mean you can be a [email protected] with amps with different technology... However now you can with the bass series but still... back then the people that blew the old models of taramps operated out of manufacturer's guidlines.
    amp manufacturer says you run at One ohm. you run at one ohm.
    thats why I try to correct people and don't recommend most people run koreans at lower than one ohm. i'm running mine at .5 now and it definitely puts a-lot more stress on the power supply i can't go 2 minutes without blowing my 300 amp breaker.

most people don't even know how to properly size wire for their amp. and the industry is to blame. that being said an amp should be as easily at hooking up at the proper load and enjoying it.

Insidious Audio

Jeffdachef is online now Gunz That Turn on Nunz

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6492 Post(s)

thats why I try to correct people and don't recommend most people run koreans at lower than one ohm. i'm running mine at .5 now and it definitely puts a-lot more stress on the power supply i can't go 2 minutes without blowing my 300 amp breaker.

most people don't even know how to properly size wire for their amp. and the industry is to blame. that being said an amp should be as easily at hooking up at the proper load and enjoying it.
    well thats me with my hd 15ks at 1ohm each... Still havent done my triple 1/0 inputs yet... single 1/0 run to the 15ks... still a lot more upgrades to be done when i have spare time.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged
    Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.
    320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Its time a company brought back efficient great sounding drivers.

Insidious Audio

Dub7sonoma is offline Premium Member Dub7sonoma is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    324 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffdachef View Post

Just because its "taramps" doesnt mean you lump all models up and judge them based on X model's performance. Any testing done with the HD series at .25 ohms do not correlate to any performance with the bass series at all as they are totally different amp lines. The bass series are full on subwoofer duty amps that can be wired to very low ohm loads vs the old hd series. The new HD EX series can handle half ohm daily as well however i never saw .25 ohm load tests but many run them half ohm for daily.

there's guidelines for any amplfiier on the market to be ran properly. Just because you are complacent with abusing koreans doesnt mean you can be a [email protected] with amps with different technology... However now you can with the bass series but still... back then the people that blew the old models of taramps operated out of manufacturer's guidlines.
    Yes i know we are talking about the bass 12k. Me and Daymian tested the 1st one in the US in my truck. It protected every burp at .25 ohm. It protected when he played music at .25 in less than a minute.

Hu: Pioneer 80prs and LG G7 tablet
    Front Stage: 2 DS18 10" Pro Mids, 4 DS18 6.5" Pro Mids
    Rear Stage:
    Sub Stage: 4 Soundqubed HDC4 12s
    Amps: 2 DS18 Fr9000.1 , 2 Powerbass asa3 800.2, Powerbass asa300.2
    Box: Sleeper campershell blow through tuned to 32hz
    Electrical: Big 4, triple alts, 7 deka group 31s, and tons of sky high 1/0 and 2/0
    Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1025177
    154.1db @39hz (old setup) 152db @28hz (old setup)

adulbrich is offline Lock up your daughters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6086 Post(s)

I usually run .35 or .25 daily

My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html
    Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo_Ride View Post
    Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeradios View Post
    I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph7195 View Post
    A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongThrow View Post
    If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

Hertz Mafia is online now FEATHER RUFFLER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    819 Post(s)

Breakers svck for car audio. Everytime it trips it becomes weaker. Get a fuse or just run straight wire.

9. Likes wew lad liked this post
    wew lad is online now wew lad inc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2268 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub7sonoma View Post
    Yes i know we are talking about the bass 12k. Me and Daymian tested the 1st one in the US in my truck. It protected every burp at .25 ohm. It protected when he played music at .25 in less than a minute.
    due to voltage, final load, or heat?

or a combination of voltage and load producing more power than its designed for? @shizzzon has talked about it

Quote Originally Posted by Loudz View Post
    Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6086 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hertz Mafia View Post
    Breakers svck for car audio. Everytime it trips it becomes weaker. Get a fuse or just run straight wire.
    Make sure to use the proper amperage fuse too (for safety, of course)

My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html
    Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
    I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
    A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.

12. Likes gotgixers liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    Make sure to use the proper amperage fuse too (for safety, of course)

I approve of this message.
    Use to rock the foil wrapped fuses when they would blow. Lol

Insidious Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6086 Post(s)

I approve of this message.
    Use to rock the foil wrapped fuses when they would blow. Lol
    lmao

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4265 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adulbrich View Post
    lmao
    Hey it won me a show or two. That was back when 2000 watts was alot. Lol

Insidious Audio