Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Don't know what to pick out of these 4-channel amp, what would you go for? Check it!

nofriends46 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon30 Don't know what to pick out of these 4-channel amp, what would you go for? Check it!

Heres the amps i'm deciding on to get to match my speakers to push in highs.

Rockford Fosgate Punch 200.4, 25 x 4
    Kenwood KAC-649S, 30 x 4
    Kicker Impulse IX254, 25 x 4

I think i might be more interested in the Punch. But i dunno.
    What would be your choice?

ps. Do you know other amps comes in 35 x 4, below this stage would be good? Where (site)?

spunkymanker is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amps

I'd go for the Fosgate, I've always had great luck with them.. Great sound quality, and good power.

Melfather is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    your best bet might actually be a soundstream a4. the amp was made in pretty low numbers last year, but puts out 25x4 at only 12.6 volts, and soundstream is known to underrate amps slightly. Most people think this amp pushes about 40x4 rms. The other great thing is that the s/n and thd are quite high and low respectively, so you'll get very clear sound. Lastly, you can pick up the amp cheap now, say about $150-$200 at several different places, but ASA distributers and E-bay have a bunch of them.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    trust me the soundstream amps are nice i would take them over the others listed here and as i recall (my firebird) my car had a sticker on it saying "I eat FoSgAtE!" hehehe i would use them again...just hope their people are better now than back then

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Out of the 3 that you listed I would choose the Kenwood. if you are using this amp to power your mids and highs I would avoid the Rockford amp. I don't have first hand experience with Kicker amps so I can't comment on that, but I have used Rockford for full range sound. Let's just say the $379 Rockford amp wasn't much better than my old $150 Pioneer amp. To continue what was previously said, Soundstream is a good choice although they are a little harder to come by right now. My preferred amp is the Alpine F-307 (or something like that). It is only 30 watts RMS per channel but was louder and clearer than my Rockford 400.4 (50 watts per channel). The Alpine can be found for $250 on-line.

Closed Thread