Reload Thread: Best amplifier for my setup

Cowboybill is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best amplifier for my setup

Hello C.A community! I've been browsing these forums for past week and finally decided it was time to post.

Some background information: I'm in the process of my first sound system build taking place in a 1999 honda civic sedan. I primarily listen to electronic music such as trance and techno, along with some rock & heavy metal as well. trunk space is not an issue. I don't want the system to aim for loudness, i prefer quality and accuracy

So, I'm in possession of a Pioneer TS-SWX251 sub because a friend was selling it at an amazing price.
    Pioneer TS-SWX251 Compact sealed enclosure with one 10" shallow-mount sub at Crutchfield.com

I've been doing some research and I'm convinced that a Pioneer TS-D1320C component speaker system will be a good addition to my system. I'm very open to possible alternatives but my price cap for speakers is 170$ taxes+S&H in.
    TS-D1320C - 5" Component Speaker Package | Pioneer Electronics USA

Now my question to you enthusiasts, what amplifier do you think would best compliment my build? And what else would I need to add to the build (if anything)?
    I'm not very well educated in the pro/cons of different RMS/Ohms combinations and the like. My budget for the amp is also 170$ taxes+S&H in.

Any suggestions&explanations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Forgot to mention the HU I already have is: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-RNpQDqs...H-X2600UI.html
    Last edited by Cowboybill; 05-23-2014 at 12:27 PM.

southport2014 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Best amplifier for my setup

Get a audiopipe 1500 amp on ebay cheap around 140 new
    Get morel maximo components there 130 new and sound good
    And for a sub a good budget sub would be a american bass xfl or a soundqubed hds300 the sub u mentioned is not a very good sub

Cowboybill is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by southport2014 View Post
    Get a audiopipe 1500 amp on ebay cheap around 140 new
    Why this sub particularly? what specs tell you it goes well with the system? I'm asking because I would like to learn.

southport2014 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboybill View Post
    Why this sub particularly? what specs tell you it goes well with the system? I'm asking because I would like to learn.
    They are proven decent budget amps. Youll see about 900-1000 watts at 1 ohm with it. There one of the top best bangs for the buck.

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by southport2014 View Post
    They are proven decent budget amps. Youll see about 900-1000 watts at 1 ohm with it. There one of the top best bangs for the buck.
    also the sub is a good sub. Both subs are proven and budget friendly

Lowlacs is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy Bill, This would be a good start for u.

Precision Power BK800.4 800W RMS 4-Channel Class A/B Black Ice Series Car Audio Amplifier* at Onlinecarstereo.com

The equip u have is indeed not the best but to suggest throwing it all away and startin over is Ludacris. This is what u have so why not give it a whirl? Being this is ur first system it will indeed be a nice step over stock sounds. Will it shake the block, well no.
    Take a look at the amp Ive linked, it would do nice for the components ur considerin and juice the sub u have nicely. I cant attest to the amp personly but lots of people run them and recommend them, also its inside ur budget. A word of advice would be to buy a Quality Amplifier Wire install kit.

And if u decide to upgrade the sub later I would def recommend American Bass subs they have decent entry level subs that bang hard and the Xfl is a beast. Also Sundown E series are in "my opinion" the BEST bang for buck subs. Look for Bstock pricing on EMF. I couldn't find any flaws in the 6 bstock subs I bought.

97 Ram
    2 sets Kicker ks650.2 on a
    Mmats 2050x

2 American Bass XFL12s(4th order) on
    American Bass VFL110.1
    Kinetic hc1800

Traded to: WinkyChevelle, Sold to: Outer,Markbuhler007,67bass71, Bought from: Mylows10

+ Reply to Thread