+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Clamped us amps USA-100

kingjd7 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clamped us amps USA-100

I've never clamped anything before so I thought i would try it out The dimm said 44 and the clamp said 6. 6 x 44=264, I had to test everything seperate meaning I had to put each meter on one at a time.I have the subs wired to 2 ohms. Did I do the math proper?

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Re: Clamped us amps USA-100

Quote Originally Posted by kingjd7 View Post
    I've never clamped anything before so I thought i would try it out The dimm said 44 and the clamp said 6. 6 x 44=264, I had to test everything seperate meaning I had to put each meter on one at a time.I have the subs wired to 2 ohms. Did I do the math proper?
    Without watching you actually take the measurements it's hard to say if you used the tools correctly, but it looks like you just discovered that the DC resistance/nominal impedance of your woofer is not the actual load your amp will see at any given frequency.

Start a graph and take the same measurements at 5hz increments from 20-80. Plot that out on some graph paper and you'll see your impedance curve. My guess is that you will not see your 2 ohm number anywhere within that spectrum.

+ Reply to Thread