+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: Kenwood amp question

negolien is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kenwood amp question

Any thoughts on this? it's for two 6x9 693.11i Kappa's and some component 6.5's Looking to run 2 ohm 6.5's if anyone has any suggestions.

Kenwood Excelon XR400-4 4-channel car amplifier 75 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Re: Kenwood amp question

I just put my American bass vfl 150.4 in my friends truck replacing an old school CrossFire CFA 4ch,on a pair of perfects for front,and old school Kicker KS 5.25 for rear,and sounds Clear as hell.Only 40 amps of fusing.Great amp ,very efficient as well,small footprint.I can recommend that amp..A PPI 900.4 is a great amptoo for the money.Ive never been a kenwood amp fanatic,never will be.They seem to have always lacked within my expectations for performance.decent HUs,subs aren't too bad either,but Id look at another amp for the price man..Just my opinion..You could find a better deal for the miney..JL JX series even,pretty decent,JBL,Alpine

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Eh I been running a Kenwood 8105D to my MTX JH45's for almost 5 years and had no issues ....I' am running also pair of SoundStream SST6.9's off the Monsoon Stock amp along with my MTX Terminator tn200/2 running a pair of Polk DB461's off my Pioneer AVH-5500BHS HU. Replacing the stock amp and SST's. The new Kenwood will run my new Infinity Kappa 693.11i's and my 60.11cs in some Q-Logics. I got it on refurb for $135 thanks for the input though.

DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Kenwood makes fine amps, don't pay any attention to what most on here will tell you about the brand. As with any brand, once you get past all the B.S. power numbers, if it's doing what you need it to do then you are just fine. As far as Kenwood goes I've been using their amps in some form or fashion longer than most on this board has been alive with absolutely ZERO issues. If you use the product in the fashion it was designed to be used then you'll be just fine. That generally is the reason for most equipment failure, is individuals trying to make products do what they weren't designed too. Price on the other hand is relative because everyone has their picks and choices of what they like and will or won't pay for or place a certain value on. It's all personal preference so use that whenever you make your choices....

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

5. Thanks negolien, audiobaun thanked for this post
    Likes negolien liked this post
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by negolien View Post
    Eh I been running a Kenwood 8105D to my MTX JH45's for almost 5 years and had no issues ....I' am running also pair of SoundStream SST6.9's off the Monsoon Stock amp along with my MTX Terminator tn200/2 running a pair of Polk DB461's off my Pioneer AVH-5500BHS HU. Replacing the stock amp and SST's. The new Kenwood will run my new Infinity Kappa 693.11i's and my 60.11cs in some Q-Logics. I got it on refurb for $135 thanks for the input though.
    As stated..Enjoy..Just my opinion since ive been in car audio from 86-present.Yet,as stated.. What ever you are comfortable with and willing to pay for..Its your system.Im more of a Zed audio amp freak.Not much else impresses me

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm [email protected] Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I appreciate all replies.. If you don't take all input into consideration there's no point in asking for opinions :<)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    As stated..Enjoy..Just my opinion since ive been in car audio from 86-present.
    Baun, I hope you didn't take my response as being directed towards you because in no way or fashion was it meant to be. I made that statement because there are a lot of people that will just post up "x brand is crap" and not give any definitive or logic based reasons as to why, just regurgitating something they heard someone else say. It's also nice to hear from another forum member that has been in this industry just as long as I have, 87' was the year I got lured in lol.....jeez we just aged ourselves.....

I'm a huge fan of Stephen myself and all of his products both old and new....

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hey since when can't we type in the worded s u c k e d????

NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by negolien View Post
    Any thoughts on this? it's for two 6x9 693.11i Kappa's and some component 6.5's Looking to run 2 ohm 6.5's if anyone has any suggestions.

Kenwood Excelon XR400-4 4-channel car amplifier — 75 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com
    I have a small Kenwood Kac 1502s pushing a pair of 6x8's that I am very pleased with. Now their subs I will never buy again.

You can get two of those for half the cost. They do 75w @ 2ohms by 2
    Last edited by bluemarvin3030; 05-05-2014 at 09:45 AM.

H/U- Pioneer AVH X-5600BHS
    front stage- pioneer 3way 6x8
    rear fill- pioneer 4way 6x8 and 2-way 4x6
    Amp(s)- Kenwood KAC 1502S (connected to rear 6x8's), Rockford Fosgate T500-1bdcp and Alpine Mrv-M500
    Sub(s)- 2 American Bass TNT1244, each in a 1.7 cubic ft sealed (Yeah that's right, sealed) custom built enclosure
    And a Kenwood 12 in a prefab box.
    Happy, but not finished.

w30olds is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm running my mids and highs with an older KAC amp and it sound quite good. Good power and really clean sounding

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yup I couldn't pass up the small footprint and the 100rms x4 at 2 ohms for $135. I also like that you can plug in two rca's and that will run all four channels which will allow me to run the 3 amps easier. I will have a total of three amps which is the max I want so. Still trying to find a 45 watt rms 150 peak 4 ohm 2 channel though. **** MTX is just freaking huge for 45/150. if I can find a smaller one I'll just sell the MTX

+ Reply to Thread