+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: What is the best amp I could get to drive my CompVR 15s on a $400 budget?

Aleks15Civic is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon11 What is the best amp I could get to drive my CompVR 15s on a $400 budget?

So I have two kicker compvr 15s:
    Amazon.com: Kicker 10CVR154 15 CompVR 4 Ohm DVC Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Previously Powered by:
    Memphis Car Amp PRX1 1000 1000D Class 1 Ohm Factory SEALED Old School Power | eBay

The Memphis amp recently suffered a tragic end. It was a faulty amp from the start. I took the time to run various upgrades, including sound deadning, more mids, better highs, added epicenter, and a new 6th order bandpass box (if that's what they're called I got the plans from a friend)

Anyways here is the point:
    What is the best amp I could get for my subs on a $400 budget? It obviously needs to be 1ohm stable and be able to output about 1200RMS at 1ohm. But I don't know what else to look for apart from that.

I was thinking maybe this?
    Audio Savings | NEW US AMPS MERLIN MD1D 1050w TRUE RMS MONO AMPLIFIER CAR AMP MD-1D

My main goal is to top my previous Memphis amp. I don't care by how much, just on a $400 budget. Any advice is appreciated!

And if by some odd chance someone wants to explain what to look for in an amp apart from the RMS power that'd be beyond awesome!

tprj82 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: What is the best amp I could get to drive my CompVR 15s on a $400 budget?

Precision Power PPI BK1800.1D Black Ice 1800W Monoblock Class-D Amplifier

Everyone on here has a hard on for these fit the price right now keep your gain in check and you will be fine

2006 Bass Race 149.9 World Finals 2nd place

My references

3. Likes Aleks15Civic liked this post
    winkychevelle is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I like the ppi pc1000.1 better and its not much different power wise it should do 1300w pretty easily clean

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel
    Big sq install on the horizon if money stays good
    2012 Nissan Versa Hatch
    Deadened but stock, girls ride now

shauncox26 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

incriminator ia10.1 is a nice choice. ssa.com and vertexaudio.com both have them for $389. **** near bullet proof.

6. Thanks denim thanked for this post
    Likes denim liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am probably going for the BK1800.1D can anyone confirm this is a good amp?

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks15Civic View Post
    might be a little bit too much power for those kickers so go easy with the gain.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

9. Likes Aleks15Civic liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will do! Any tips on finding out when I'm giving them too much power?

snyderd758 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks15Civic View Post
    the ppi bk 1800.1 make its max power at 1ohm if your sub is d4 you need to find an amp that makes its power at 2ohms. give me a second ill come up with a few recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nevermind reread your looking for power at 1 ohm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Massive Audio N4 4000W Max Nano Monoblock Amplifier I like this better than the ppi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arc Audio XDI 2000 1 2000 Watts Monoblock Sub Subwoofers Amplifier | eBay a 400 dollar budget this is probably the best you can possibly do.

jeffdachef is offline I Bass Boost Rock/Metal!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Op, just set gains via digital multi-meter method, make sure your subs arent bottoming out on the crazy bass songs and normally check the temperature of the subs after quick 5-10 min sessions to see if its overheating or not.

You can pay more for other amps but the black ice line is a solid performer and wont disappoint. Monitor your voltages and keep them high. If you have voltages drops lower then 13.5, you might need to do the big 3 upgrade and maybe a decent agm battery under the hood. However you might not need to do any of that since you'll be using only 1200 of that 1800 via gain settings.

Clip city b1tch, clip clip city b1tch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames b1tch.
    2009 Sienna 3.5L Subs : C2 threatcon 15s. Sub amp: hifonics brx 2400.1D x 2
    Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS bought used from vertex audio Mids/Highs amp: PPI Phantom 900.4 - bought from dragnix
    Front stage: 3 way active front stage with Massive Audio CKX 6x9 component. ckx 6x9 midbass in doors + DB drive pro audio 6.5 in the kick. Rear stage: Jbl ms62C(Its a van I need rear fill). Still NOT ENOUGH! SEND HELP!! 4 Pro Audio 10s in the future
    320 amp Singer alt almost installed. Just a group 31 deka in the back atm with big 3 finished.

16. Thanks Aleks15Civic thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your budget is 400 that arc audio will outperform the ppi enough to where I am confident enough to recommend it. some people think a watt is a watt I am not one of those.

SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snyderd758 View Post
    if your budget is 400 that arc audio will outperform the ppi enough to where I am confident enough to recommend it. some people think a watt is a watt I am not one of those.
    Well... since you can't hear small amounts of distortion in bass frequencies, a watt is a watt in this case.

JBL GTO EZ amps are always a good choice for those without access to an oscilloscope to set gains

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just ordered the PPI and used the rest of my budget to order a second battery and wiring. I've already done the big 3, and two xs power xp950 should get the job done. Thanks for the input everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast