Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: What's the difference between hifonics hfi 1500 and the hifonics zeus 1500?

Ahmed Johnson is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What's the difference between hifonics hfi 1500 and the hifonics zeus 1500?

Looked around and saw the only difference is the zeus is cea compliant. I'm just curious since I don't plan on buying the hfi, but I see alot of them being sold on CL where I live. I'm about to sell my zeus and I wonder if I can sell it more than the others selling their HFI?

SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: What's the difference between hifonics hfi 1500 and the hifonics zeus 1500?

The Zeus is the lowest line.. The Zeus line is rated by peak, HFi is rated by (slightly exagerrated) RMS. I have a HFi2500d and it does well. I've seen clamp test showing anywhere from 1700-2200w out of it. The Zeus will be lucky to do half the "rated" power.

So to answer your question, no it's actually worth less than the HFi series

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

double 07 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)

That CEA compliant crap is a bunch of horse squeeze.....If you are going to buy a Hifonics amp at least get one of the Brutus series ....I have sold and installed them locally...they seem to do well for the money....

4. Likes SounDrive liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

But the zeus is cea compliant and the hfi isn't.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I do have a brutus for my other car. The zeus is an older amp in my nissan I'm about to sell. What is the point in cea compliant if it's crap?
    Quote Originally Posted by double 07 View Post
    That CEA compliant crap is a bunch of horse squeeze.....If you are going to buy a Hifonics amp at least get one of the Brutus series amps....I have sold and installed them locally...they seem to do well for the money....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Johnson View Post
    I do have a brutus for my other car. The zeus is an older amp in my nissan I'm about to sell. What is the point in cea compliant if it's crap?
    There isn't a point. Sort of like peak

Find us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That CEA compliant crap is a bunch of horse squeeze.....If you are going to buy a Hifonics amp at least get one of the Brutus series ....I have sold and installed them locally...they seem to do well for the money....
    The Brutus and Brutus Elite are nice, especially the 2013 models

Find us on Facebook!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ok, so even though everything looks even between these 2, the hfi is better than the zeus? And The CEA is just some crap that probably convinced me to buy this amp over the hfi when I did buy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious. View Post

double 07 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)

CEA is a marketing scheme used to sell amps...companies can pick and choose the amp lines that they want CEA compliant.....It doesn't mean the amp will do rated PERIOD!!!..........If you notice a lot of the big name manufacturers like DC, Sundown, AQ, and quite a few others sell big boy amps that are NOT marketed as CEA compliant and they will do rated....So don't fall for the CEA hype.....

11. Thanks Ahmed Johnson thanked for this post
    Likes SounDrive liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

SO, how much better is my brx1600 to the zeus then? The main reason I chose the brx amp over the HFI is the cea stamp on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

SO, how much better is my brx1600 to the zeus then? The main reason I chose the brx amp over the HFI is the cea stamp on it.
    The BRX is better than the HFi (same amp but the brx has upgraded mosfets) and a ton better than the Zeus

Find us on Facebook!

14. Thanks Ahmed Johnson thanked for this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you for the help. I'm about to sell this Zeus today and probably get another brx soon.
    The BRX is better than the HFi (same amp but the brx has upgraded mosfets) and a ton better than the Zeus

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thank you for the help. I'm about to sell this Zeus today and probably get another brx soon.
    They are good amps for the price.

Find us on Facebook!

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is this thread so full of dumb??

The Zeus is the lowest line.. The Zeus line is rated by peak, HFi is rated by (slightly exagerrated) RMS. I have a HFi2500d and it does well. I've seen clamp test showing anywhere from 1700-2200w out of it. The Zeus will be lucky to do half the "rated" power.
    So to answer your question, no it's actually worth less than the HFi series.
    Zeus isn't rated by peak. How could it be when it's 1500w rms with 140A fuse? It's just like all the other their other lower price ~1500w HF amps.

HFi was the cheapest line of amps HF ever put out.
    Are you just making stuff up?

It's certainly not god's gift to amplifier ratings, but it's infinitely better than nothing. It tells us the amp WILL do rated power at 14.4v and 4 ohms. Why is that such a problem?

Again -- that's completely illogical.
    It provides a baseline. MUCH more meaningful that peak/max numbers -- way WAY more meaningful.

CEA is a marketing scheme used to sell amps...companies can pick and choose the amp lines that they want CEA compliant.....It doesn't mean the amp will do rated PERIOD!!!..........If you notice a lot of the big name manufacturers like DC, Sundown, AQ, and quite a few others sell big boy amps that are NOT marketed as CEA compliant and they will do rated....So don't fall for the CEA hype.....
    Umm, yes, it does -- at least at 4 ohms and 14.4v.
    Obviously it's not everything you need to know about an amp, but unless you're completely brain-dead, it helps.

High quality brands don't need it -- it's a basic assumption that they'll do what they say. It costs them time and money to submit their products to CEA for testing. It's pointless for the high quality brands.

The worst thing about cea-2006 compliance, especially with sub amps -- is it doesn't apply to 2 or 1 ohm power output.
    So an amp that meets its 400 at 4 rating, for example, can be rated at 800 at 2 and 1500 at 1 but only put out 600/800 respectively and still meet its certification.

Maybe the reason people are so quick to write off the certification as useless is because it takes 3, maybe 4 brain cells to understand it and its loopholes.

'99 Taurus SHO (welded)
    • HU: Stock - Scosche SLC-4
    • Comps: Lanzar Opti6c w/Opti400x4d
    • Rear fill: Stock
    • Sub: Lanzar Opti1232D w/Opti1000.1d
    ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=en_force_r&ftab =AllFeedback

18. Thanks corrie32, Ahmed Johnson thanked for this post
    Likes corrie32, DoesDad liked this post
    SMS
    SMS is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

yah i also thought the HiFi was the lowest grade. hifonics makes too many **** amp lines

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast