Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: What's the difference between hifonics hfi 1500 and the hifonics zeus 1500?

SMS
    SMS is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

Re: What's the difference between hifonics hfi 1500 and the hifonics zeus 1500?

yah i also thought the HiFi was the lowest grade. hifonics makes too many **** amp lines

SounDrive is offline SounDrive RCA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    896 Post(s)

Guess I read that wrong. It says "1500w max amplifier" but that's the RMS rating

CEA doesn't mean **** for sub amps ran at 1 ohm like you explained
    If you're going to use Hifonics at least get the Brutus series.

/thread

Owner, SounDrive Custom RCAs (and other cables)

Find us on Facebook!

Ahmed Johnson is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)

In your opinion, what is the difference between the hfi 2000 and the brx 1600? I see the fuse on the hfi is bigger. Prices are for the most part the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by n2audio View Post
    Why is this thread so full of dumb??

Zeus isn't rated by peak. How could it be when it's 1500w rms with 140A fuse? It's just like all the other their other lower price ~1500w HF amps.

HFi was the cheapest line of amps HF ever put out.
    Are you just making stuff up?

It's certainly not god's gift to amplifier ratings, but it's infinitely better than nothing. It tells us the amp WILL do rated power at 14.4v and 4 ohms. Why is that such a problem?

Again -- that's completely illogical.
    It provides a baseline. MUCH more meaningful that peak/max numbers -- way WAY more meaningful.

Umm, yes, it does -- at least at 4 ohms and 14.4v.
    Obviously it's not everything you need to know about an amp, but unless you're completely brain-dead, it helps.

High quality brands don't need it -- it's a basic assumption that they'll do what they say. It costs them time and money to submit their products to CEA for testing. It's pointless for the high quality brands.

The worst thing about cea-2006 compliance, especially with sub amps -- is it doesn't apply to 2 or 1 ohm power output.
    So an amp that meets its 400 at 4 rating, for example, can be rated at 800 at 2 and 1500 at 1 but only put out 600/800 respectively and still meet its certification.

Maybe the reason people are so quick to write off the certification as useless is because it takes 3, maybe 4 brain cells to understand it and its loopholes.

n2audio is offline OPTIDRIVEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

The HFi's are clearly the lowest line from HF. IIRC they seemed to have more reliability issues than most of HF's stuff, and clamp test reports seemed to show them to be short of their ratings by 10-20%.
    The brx's should be a step better quality wise - the balanced input option makes me think they're playing to a more "refined" crowd. A lot of claims that they are very near rated power although the 140A fuse size makes me wonder.

I think the brx's are more expensive per watt for a reason.

5. Likes Ahmed Johnson liked this post
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2