Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

Dc 3.5

hows the quality and effeicentcy of the 3.5? im not a fan of there subs-hoping there amps are solider. figure there the same basic board as most korean amps. can there quality and longivity be compared to that of IA amps?
    thanks

SMS
    SMS is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

Re: Dc 3.5

@hispls ;

PapaGeno21 is offline Captain Questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

Underrated, bomb proof, sexy, 18V capable, great CS, and IMO Higher quality than "most" of the other Koreans.

IA is a fantastic company, but their prices are through the roof.

I know you will think I am biased, but there is a reason I went from the 2.0 DC's to the 3.5's and not some other brands.

Team Tantric
    | Pioneer | DC Audio | Tantric | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

SMS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

yah ia site prices are high but they can be bought alot cheaper

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1957 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
    Very similar to the older AQ 3500. A friend of mine on the cape has been running one on rather anemic electrical for a while now (since his Sundown 3K got smoked when he got rear-ended). Considering it's in his spare tire well on very poor electrical I'm very impressed with performance.

That being said, if you're trying to buy new, I'd go with Sundown simply due to customer support, but if you're buying used I'd wager that any of the Korean 3.5K boards would be inaudible difference and may not even register on the meter. Consider 300-400W up or down once you're at 3500W is negligible.

Furthermore, that'll take you out of rookie/amateur class and that 12 you own won't like that much power outside of burps @ tuning with the soft suspension. The IA wouldn't like that much power with the 4 layer 3" coil. The BTL would be rather happy with 3K, though more than a couple minutes of bass heavy song at full blast would get it smelly. Personally if I were you, I'd look to get another 20.1 and run a pair if you're looking for 3500W. They're a solid performer, you already own one, and you'd have more impedance and mounting options with a pair of smaller amps.

PapaGeno21 is offline Captain Questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

I love strapping small amps.

My two 2.0's were fantastic strapped, and you can put them almost anywhere. The 3.5 is a bit bigger and was more of a challenge in my car to find a good spot for it. In my suburban it don't matter LOL.

Team Tantric
    | Pioneer | DC Audio | Tantric | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

SMS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Very similar to the older AQ 3500. A friend of mine on the cape has been running one on rather anemic electrical for a while now (since his Sundown 3K got smoked when he got rear-ended). Considering it's in his spare tire well on very poor electrical I'm very impressed with performance.

That being said, if you're trying to buy new, I'd go with Sundown simply due to customer support, but if you're buying used I'd wager that any of the Korean 3.5K boards would be inaudible difference and may not even register on the meter. Consider 300-400W up or down once you're at 3500W is negligible.

Furthermore, that'll take you out of rookie/amateur class and that 12 you own won't like that much power outside of burps @ tuning with the soft suspension. The IA wouldn't like that much power with the 4 layer 3" coil. The BTL would be rather happy with 3K, though more than a couple minutes of bass heavy song at full blast would get it smelly. Personally if I were you, I'd look to get another 20.1 and run a pair if you're looking for 3500W. They're a solid performer, you already own one, and you'd have more impedance and mounting options with a pair of smaller amps.
    thanks jon, lookin at next season- cant use strapped amps in stock 1 and for music on the sig id run the sig at 2.8 music- .7 burp. looking into a possible trade for for the 3.5.
    think im just going to run with nespl next season- unless theres a close tne show

hispls is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1957 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SMS View Post
    thanks jon, lookin at next season- cant use strapped amps in stock 1 and for music on the sig id run the sig at 2.8 music- .7 burp. looking into a possible trade for for the 3.5.
    think im just going to run with nespl next season- unless theres a close tne show
    TNE is about dead around here. Steve at least has good turnouts.

You'll be needing a 5K to be competitive when you bump a class.

Closed Thread