mugen08 is offline Win aplenty

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: So I did a back to back comparison; audiopipe 30001d and DD M1C

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    If you could get that AP tested and gain matched against the DD driving the same impedance I can guarantee you that the DD would put out cleaner power at the very minimum.
    I believe that at 1 ohm with good electrical the AP would put out at least 2500 clean, I doubt the DD could pull that off, it is supposed to be a 1K amp, right

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon551 View Post
    The DD definitely puts out cleaner power and is severely under rated compared to the AP which is over rated and puts out a clipped signal well before it should. Im curious to know how you think its 1-3db louder considering to gain 3db in a perfect world you need to double power and the AP is clearly not double the power.
    Well I am probably wrong about the 3 db then. I wouldn't say tiice as loud, but after listening to the AP for a couple weeks, I was definately dissapointed with the DD on the familiar songs, I couldn't get it to bump quite as hard; all filters were set similarly.

I'm no pro but I can tell you for a fact that if the DD really does put out 1700, the AP puts out at least 1-300 watts more than that, at 4 ohm. It takes a lot of power to get those low 30hz tones to bang with authority, and that's where I could really notice the diference between the two amps, in the low bass notes. Like I said, filters were set identically, bass boost off etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious. View Post
    A Taurus is a reliable car proven to last upwards of 300k miles if treated properly with very few repairs. I guarantee it's more reliable than your lexus.

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mugen08 View Post
    I believe that at 1 ohm with good electrical the AP would put out at least 2500 clean, I doubt the DD could pull that off, it is supposed to be a 1K amp, right

Well I am probably wrong about the 3 db then. I wouldn't say tiice as loud, but after listening to the AP for a couple weeks, I was definately dissapointed with the DD on the familiar songs, I couldn't get it to bump quite as hard; all filters were set similarly.

I'm no pro but I can tell you for a fact that if the DD really does put out 1700, the AP puts out at least 1-300 watts more than that, at 4 ohm. It takes a lot of power to get those low 30hz tones to bang with authority, and that's where I could really notice the diference between the two amps, in the low bass notes. Like I said, filters were set identically, bass boost off etc.
    Filters set identical? How do you know? Just because they are at the same spot on the dial doesnt mean they are in the set at the same settings. Each dial is different. Chances are you like to hear distortion. The DD doesnt seem as loud because its a much cleaner amp and introduces less distortion.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

3. Thanks RangerDangerV2 thanked for this post
    T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That post reeks of bias and stupidity from a complete lack of technical knowledge.. I could pick it apart but there is no point.. If you KNOW it puts out at least exactly 1300 more.. what more is there to say. Your a ignorant know it all who.in the grand scheme knows very little..

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

5. Dislikes n2audio disliked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you're right about the distortion, dunno, I could definately tell when I got into clip territory, and I tried to stay where the signal sounded non-distorted, if that makes sense. The signals sounded the same to me. Both HPF were set at the lowest setting, 5 hz or whatever.

A Taurus is a reliable car proven to last upwards of 300k miles if treated properly with very few repairs. I guarantee it's more reliable than your lexus.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    That post reeks of bias and stupidity from a complete lack of technical knowledge.. I could pick it apart but there is no point.. If you KNOW it puts out at least exactly 1300 more.. what more is there to say. Your a ignorant know it all who.in the grand scheme knows very little..
    The AP is louder and sounds just as good on rap music. Yeah it's cheap and might not last as long as the DD, but it is what it is, and puts ot much closer to rated than most people want to admit. / Story

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

The AP is louder and sounds just as good on rap music. Yeah it's cheap and might not last as long as the DD, but it is what it is, and puts ot much closer to rated than most people want to admit. / Story
    Nobody cares bro .. Bring your crap threads elsewhere

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy13091 View Post

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

You're right

RangerDangerV2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

another pointless thread... no clamped numbers, no scopes, fuqq, was a dmm even used? or are op's ears the best ears in the world?

1999 Tahoe
    2 sa12s
    4th order
    145.18 @33z... with less than 500 watts!

dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDangerV2 View Post
    another pointless thread... no clamped numbers, no scopes, fuqq, was a dmm even used? or are op's ears the best ears in the world?
    Evidently they meter distortion and can can tell the difference from an extra 100-300 watts.

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

12. Likes RangerDangerV2 liked this post
    PapaGeno21 is offline Captain Questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbeez View Post
    Evidently they meter distortion and can can tell the difference from an extra 100-300 watts.
    That's what I was thinking. I don't think anyone on here could hear an extra 1-300 watts. OP just has this thing where he thinks he has to prove to the world the AP is a good amp.

It's not. In fact, its a POS. However, he likes it so that is cool. Everyone should be happy with their gear.

But sitting here saying its louder and better than the DD is just silly. You have no proper tools to even set these amps correctly so you are doing it by hear. If someone came over and set your AP with a scope, it would be EXTREMELY disappointing. I bet that thing gets to maybe 1500-1600 clean before it starts to clip. Now the DD is not a good match against it, as it is a lower powered amp. Why not compare the AP to something in its power range with quality. The DD is amazing, just not powerful enough. But who knows, the AP is going to clip to hell where the DD won't so if using a scope and doing it RIGHT then the DD may actually win if you wire them both at 1ohm.

Basically, you are sitting here telling everyone how awesome your stuff is when in reality its total fucking garbage I wouldn't take from my neighbors trash bin.

Team Tantric
    | Pioneer | DC Audio | Tantric | Crescendo | XS Power | SHCA & Knu | CDT | DC Power |

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGeno21 View Post
    That's what I was thinking. I don't think anyone on here could hear an extra 1-300 watts. OP just has this thing where he thinks he has to prove to the world the AP is a good amp.

It's not. In fact, its a POS. However, he likes it so that is cool. Everyone should be happy with their gear.

But sitting here saying its louder and better than the DD is just silly. You have no proper tools to even set these amps correctly so you are doing it by hear. If someone came over and set your AP with a scope, it would be EXTREMELY disappointing. I bet that thing gets to maybe 1500-1600 clean before it starts to clip. Now the DD is not a good match against it, as it is a lower powered amp. Why not compare the AP to something in its power range with quality. The DD is amazing, just not powerful enough. But who knows, the AP is going to clip to hell where the DD won't so if using a scope and doing it RIGHT then the DD may actually win if you wire them both at 1ohm.

Basically, you are sitting here telling everyone how awesome your stuff is when in reality its total fucking garbage I wouldn't take from my neighbors trash bin.
    **** right son !

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are right, absolute garbage. Spend 3x the money for the EXACT SAME SOUND COMING OUT OF YOUR SUBS. GENIUS!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDangerV2 View Post
    Lord, I didn't say I'm capable of deciphering every parameter with my ears.

This is my point; the AP amps do rated, and the distortion isn't bad. How do I know? Because we all know DD does rated and 1700 DD watts, under roughly the same distortion levels, are not as loud as 2,000 AP watts. Below clipping and at full gains, the AP amp pushes the subs harder.

I don't see why you guys are getting so upset.

17. Likes n2audio liked this post
    pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Lord, I didn't say I'm capable of deciphering every parameter with my ears.

This is my point; the AP amps do rated, and the distortion isn't bad. How do I know? Because we all know DD does rated and 1700 DD watts, under roughly the same distortion levels, are not as loud as 2,000 AP watts. Below clipping and at full gains, the AP amp pushes the subs harder.

I don't see why you guys are getting so upset.

AP does not do rated with out clipping. This I can assure you as I have tested many. Regardless let me clarify what others are saying here that you do not understand.

Are you a clamp meter? No.

Are you a SPL meter? No.

Are you an Oscope? No.

Then how do you know "for a fact" what you state is true since you are none of the tools that are require to verify your statements?

So now that we agree with that statement lets move to what you should say.

You should say....

"In my opinion, the AP is outperforming the DD amplifier in my exact application. All though I have not done any testing to verify my thoughts, my ears tell me the AP is doing better."

It is rather easy to understand once you apply correct terminology and a level of understanding to what is going on.

19. Thanks RangerDangerV2 thanked for this post
    Likes n2audio, CRXBMPN, RangerDangerV2 liked this post
    dbeez is offline Supporting Vendor dbeez is a Supporting Member of the forum!

dbeez is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

No one is upset you simply dont get it which is fine shut up spouting **** you cant probe your ears dont tell you the clamped power or distortion levels from eaxh amp. You loke the sound of the audiopipe trust me we understand you've said it plenty. Evidently the issue is you cant understand we are tellong you prove your claims of same power or more power same distoetion with the proper instruments or shutoup spouting those false positives as you have no proof and your **** ears dont mean **** to us. We like the newbies to come and get the proper information with proven facts not false claims. Its very simple.

2002 suburban
    Security System Code alarm
    Electrical Dc power sp270 7 deka 9A31's and lots of 1/0
    Headunit pioneer 880prs
    Amps 2 Sax125.2 front stage crossfire xs8k@.5
    Wiring lots of 1/0 stinger, tsunami
    Mids & Tweeters 2 sets cdt m6+ mids 2 sets cdt tw25 tweets
    Subs 2-18" nightshade v2's d2
    System DetailsDaily driver.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast