First of all I'm new here...
Second, sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native English speaker.
I am very noob and don't have much knowledge on car audio systems so I need your help.
I have the following speakers installation in my car:
All this is powered through Premier PA854 4 Channels 3200 Max power Amplifier. (Very low quality amp...)
- Front door speakers: Infinity Kappa 62.9i, 6.5" 2-Way, 2.0 ohms, 75 Watt RMS.
- Rear Speaker: Infinity 9633i, 6"x9" 3-Way, 2.0 ohms, 100 Watt RMS.
- Subwoofer: Sony Xplod XSGTX121LS, 12", 4.0 ohms, 300 Watt RMS.
Front & Rear speakers connected to channels 1&2 and the sub is bridged to channels 3&4.
My problem is that the amp heats so much when listening to music loudly, that you can cook on it.
So I decided to buy a new AMP and that where my questions begin:
- My speakers are 2ohm and the sub is 4ohm . Does it matter and what info should I look when buying an amp? For example there are 5 channel amps that say 4x80w+1x300w at 4ohm, or 4x160w+1x600w at 2ohm. But there aren't any combinations between 2ohms for speakers and 4ohms for the sub. How do I connect the sub at 4ohms and speakers at 2ohms ?
- What amp is better? 5 channels or 6 channels ? The speakers are no problem - they are connected to 4 different channels. But the sub can be connected to 1 channel or 2 bridged together channels. What is better?
- Please enlighten me if I forgot something important when choosing an amp.
Oh, and my Head Unit that will operate all this is Pioneer AVH-X8500BT (has 3 Hi-volt RCA's).
That's about it.
P.S. Please advice me some choices where to start for good & not so expensive amps, what recommended manufacturers etc.
Thanks in advance & have a good day..
Edited: Forgot to ask. Do I Need some power supply for this combination to work or 12v DC will be enough?