Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Zed Audio Leviathan III

gckless is online now CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Zed Audio Leviathan III

Just got this beautiful piece of gear today. Zed Leviathan III, brand new. Pictures speak for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Re: Zed Audio Leviathan III

Got this through @Vertex Audio 's trade-in program. Traded in my DC 175.4 and pair of DC Level 3 10's, and I paid very little cash

She'll be powering a pair of Vifa NE25VTS's and a pair of Exodus Anarchy's at 8ohms. Gonna sound sweet

15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

You'll love it. Mine goes all day long @ 4 ohm under my seats and doesn't go into thermal protect. Have had the same 60A fuse on it since I bought it. Very efficient.

4. Likes gckless liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    You'll love it. Mine goes all day long @ 4 ohm under my seats and doesn't go into thermal protect. Have had the same 60A fuse on it since I bought it. Very efficient.
    This will be in an amp rack next to a DC 5k with 6-8 120mm fans in a push-pull config, I'm not too worried about thermal issues lol. But that's good to hear man. And that's really efficient! I knew they were good, but didn't know they were THAT good!

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Sick.

The pictures I've always wanted to see for these amps, thanks! Really nice, man.

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

7. Likes gckless liked this post

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    Sick.

The pictures I've always wanted to see for these amps, thanks! Really nice, man.
    Thanks! I love taking photos of gear. Amp guts, especially nice ones like this, are very photogenic.

Lexicon740iL is offline AGM FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Congrats. That looks like a beautiful piece. I have been eying this for a while now as well as the minotaur. They make me smile when I look at them..... Does that sound weird? other amplifiers don't make me do that....

Your pictures of that beaut do it all the justice it deserves too

Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon740iL View Post
    Congrats. That looks like a beautiful piece. I have been eying this for a while now as well as the minotaur. They make me smile when I look at them..... Does that sound weird? other amplifiers don't make me do that....

Really been eyeing a minotaur myself. There was a time when I would never consider buying an amp that cost that much but I have found myself latley finding ways to justify the cost. I mean if it last 7-8 years its a worthwhile investment right?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spooney View Post
    Really been eyeing a minotaur myself. There was a time when I would never consider buying an amp that cost that much but I have found myself latley finding ways to justify the cost. I mean if it last 7-8 years its a worthwhile investment right?
    Dude, you would not regret it. Build quality on this thing is top 3 out of all amps I've ever personally seen. I'm extremely impressed. And I haven't even hooked it up yet.

NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

That's one helluva sweet amp - Very Nice

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon740iL View Post

Run, don't walk. I'm picking up another 3 Minotaur this week, going to be running a total of 8 to replace my big JBL/Crown. I have never regretted buying a Zed amp ever.

Iosias is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Just got one in a few days ago as well, excited to try it out.

Refs # Tallc, CleaRSkieS, Roth, Goindef154, Kangaroux, tv559

T3mpest is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

How many amps do the minotaurs seem to pull. Are those effecient as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmtnbiker420 View Post
    JL is for ballers. Theres a reason all the biggest rappers sing about JL, Zapco, Alpine..... and not Lightning audio or Pyle. It's all about the BALLER FACTOR.

Spooney is offline Premium Member Spooney is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Run, don't walk. I'm picking up another 3 Minotaur this week, going to be running a total of 8 to replace my big JBL/Crown. I have never regretted buying a Zed amp ever.
    Trying to send you a PM but your inbox is full sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T3mpest View Post
    How many amps do the minotaurs seem to pull. Are those effecient as well.
    I have popped a couple 80A fuses when going really abusive. I started with 60's and didn't start popping those til I really started pushing. I'll continue to fuse at 80.

Trying to send you a PM but your inbox is full sir.
    fixed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast