Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: Affordable amps?

naughtyca is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Affordable amps?

Quote Originally Posted by supereikenator View Post
    Audiopipe? Really? That's surprising, same with Power Acoustik. Rubicon is Soundstream right? I knew Hifonics, but is their newer stuff any good?
    there are some brands that has a good line, even lanzar has the opti drive that is a good line

DDtC is online now High Output SQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naughtyca View Post
    there are some brands that has a good line, even lanzar has the opti drive that is a good line
    So since the opti does close to rated at 16v makes it good? Since t he AP does 500 underated clean makes it good?

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • JL 450/4v2 Active (Mid range, tweeters) JL 300/2v2 (Mid bass) DD M4(Subs)
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i
    • Singer 300 amp 15.1v bypass, 3 XS D3400s
    • Viper 5701 with Smart Start

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

when you buy an inexpensive amp dont expect to get what the rms says, but price = watts per dollar these inexpensive amp still a good bang for the buck, audiopipe apsm 1500 $125 you should get at least 1k to 1200, bamf 5500 $229 you should get at least 2k to 2500, belva 5000 $299 you should get at least 2.5k or more

i dont call these affordable
    crescendo b2000 =$479
    AQ 2200 = $429
    Even with the power as cheap as it is now days you still get what you pay for. You pay for quality, efficency, AND power. plus good CS. Why would anybody waste money and some cheap overrated amp just to have it burn up in a few weeks? You have a 50/50 chance its even going to work out of the box. I have ran the cheap forum boners. I thought it was all good until I finally went my own way and got what I really should of got the first time. Call it over priced if you want but it walks on what I had before. Maxxsonics stuff, new PPI, new soundstream. Never had audiopipe but freinds do

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i

i2ain2thunder is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DDtC View Post
    Even with the power as cheap as it is now days you still get what you pay for. You pay for quality, efficency, AND power. plus good CS. Why would anybody waste money and some cheap overrated amp just to have it burn up in a few weeks? You have a 50/50 chance its even going to work out of the box. I have ran the cheap forum boners. I thought it was all good until I finally went my own way and got what I really should of got the first time. Call it over priced if you want but it walks on what I had before. Maxxsonics stuff, new PPI, new soundstream. Never had audiopipe but freinds do
    My next amp is going to be a sundown. I had a MA Audio HK 602sx, which honestly does way more than rated...but it is unclean, highly innefficient, and I have an extensive power supply that still doesn't seem to give it enough juice. Also had 2 resisters burn up on the amp and one of the transistors shorted out. The problems this amp was having managed to blow up one of my Dayton HO subs, so in the end I'm losing the $350 I spent on the amp, and the $250 I spent on the sub just to go buy the amp I should have bought the first time for $530. I have regret now and money loss from trying to save money the first time. I've learned my lesson and will stick with quality now, but to each their own. For all I know it had something to do with they way I set everything up that things happened. I did everything I could to ensure a quality setup. Electrical consists of a 300amp HO alternator/0gauge wire for big3 and 0gauge wired 2 yellowtop batteries. 0gauge to my sub amp, 4gauge to my speaker amp. Great grounds well done solid platinum or gold connectors. Gains set using a DMM to proper output voltage, and then cut down so as to be even more safe. I mean I was doing everything right as I understood it, and this still managed to happen, in my eyes the only thing I can see that caused this to happen was the poor quality of the amplifier.

Timmy13091 is offline Team DC

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i2ain2thunder View Post
    Hey lets not knock Alpine Type R's too much, honestly in my book they are one of the best bang for buck spl sub out there, not saying they're top notch by any means but they do the job you would expect FROM A 50$ sub everytime.
    I'll add MB Quart amps are okie dokie for the price. They impressed me a bit for being a maxxsonic company.
    Since when are type rs 50$ ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well you definately have to shop around, but i've owned around 6 type r 12s in my time and i always paid between $50-65 per new. Honestly best buy was having a special on them once for $50 BNIB. I guess if you don't search hard maybe u might spend $75 on one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

My next amp is going to be a sundown. I had a MA Audio HK 602sx, which honestly does way more than rated...but it is unclean, highly innefficient, and I have an extensive power supply that still doesn't seem to give it enough juice. Also had 2 resisters burn up on the amp and one of the transistors shorted out. The problems this amp was having managed to blow up one of my Dayton HO subs, so in the end I'm losing the $350 I spent on the amp, and the $250 I spent on the sub just to go buy the amp I should have bought the first time for $530. I have regret now and money loss from trying to save money the first time. I've learned my lesson and will stick with quality now, but to each their own. For all I know it had something to do with they way I set everything up that things happened. I did everything I could to ensure a quality setup. Electrical consists of a 300amp HO alternator/0gauge wire for big3 and 0gauge wired 2 yellowtop batteries. 0gauge to my sub amp, 4gauge to my speaker amp. Great grounds well done solid platinum or gold connectors. Gains set using a DMM to proper output voltage, and then cut down so as to be even more safe. I mean I was doing everything right as I understood it, and this still managed to happen, in my eyes the only thing I can see that caused this to happen was the poor quality of the amplifier.
    You really dont want to know how much I have wasted to this point. I'm sure I had some guy like the noobs we have now tell me its what I should get and everything else is overrated paying for a name. If I ever meet those people face to face now I would cause them a few grand worth of pain.

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I said though. My amp did rated, **** it did well well well over rated, I was hitting rated output with gain at about 35% so it definitely had the power. I still had problems though I don't think the power was very clean and it was definitely highly inefficient.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

everybody is so stuck on this "rated" that you would pay over $500 on a 2k amp just because the box says 2k and the amp produces 2k, when another amp will say 5k and will produce 2k but $300 less. at the end of the day i got 2k and paid $300 less

the OP asked for affordable amp to hit average 2k watts and he also mentioned $250 budget, not sure why would you tell him to get a $479 amp?

I have a hifonics brz 1700 for over a year and have no problem with it. Do i need to spend $349 for a sundown 1200 to get 1300-1400 watts? people run audiopipe with no problem, yes you hear people say their amp burned but have you asked how much percentage of these amps go bad and how many of those amp go bad because of mis use.

11. Likes Dirtrider4eva, bgowdy31 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

everybody is so stuck on this "rated" that you would pay over $500 on a 2k amp just because the box says 2k and the amp produces 2k, when another amp will say 5k and will produce 2k but $300 less. at the end of the day i got 2k and paid $300 less

the OP asked for affordable amp to hit average 2k watts and he also mentioned $250 budget, not sure why would you tell him to get a $479 amp?

I have a hifonics brz 1700 for over a year and have no problem with it. Do i need to spend $349 for a sundown 1200 to get 1300-1400 watts? people run audiopipe with no problem, yes you hear people say their amp burned but have you asked how much percentage of these amps go bad and how many of those amp go bad because of mis use.
    Mayhaps you didn't read my post. Going cheap ended costing me more money in the end. That is what us experienced guys try to err caution on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mayhaps you didn't read my post. Going cheap ended costing me more money in the end. That is what us experienced guys try to err caution on.
    how do we know that its not your fault? how do we know that you didn't ran that amp to the ground? and how many times have you seen the amp you have mess up like yours did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how do we know that its not your fault? how do we know that you didn't ran that amp to the ground? and how many times have you seen the amp you have mess up like yours did?
    Mayhaps you didn't read my post. I've already covered this point in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess to cover your question I've seen a few other people that have had very similar problems with the same exact amplifier. Parts of the circuit shorting, or components having improper voltage.

Not to say that cheap amps can't work. I'm sure they do for some people I can believe that easily. All I am saying is for me I did everything I could to install and operate my equipment properly and still had issues, so my own personal belief is from now on it will be a better idea to stick with proven quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

How about we just stop telling people what they want to hear and be REAL with them? You go around recommending stuff thats not even tested yet.... Thats fine but you need to say it. "Here are some cheap pre-order subs, they might be good but knowbody knows yet. Or you might get one and lose your *** cause they ****" OR "here are some cheap amps but they are going to need many $s in electrical, might do close to rated clean, might blow subs cause they are dirty, or might not work out of the box" OR " you can spend a bit more and get this proven preformer"

• 2010 Scion tC
    • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    • Hertz HV 165XL
    • Hertz HT28
    • JL ZR800
    • 2 x DD 9512i

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast