Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Upping the power!

Full Tilt is offline Bonafide MAFer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Upping the power!

Hellooo everybody. I dunno if you've seen my discussion in the Subwoofer section, but I plan on upgrading my system to anywhere from 1200 - 2000 watts. Now obviously this is somewhat of an extreme upgrade compared to my current 900 watts, but I plan on taking the necessary precautions. Anyway, I was looking for suggestions for a system that could power two 1000w drivers. I've been looking into Kicker equipment - their subs aren't great, but I've seen their amplifiers perform. I've been looking for a used one since I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for two DX1000s or a ZX2500, but I'd also like some suggestions on other brands as well. I've also been looking into the Hifonics BRZ2400.1, so I could avoid clipping by taking it easy on the gain and still hopefully getting 2k out of it. Anybody have any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by T.I.K. View Post
    Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truman View Post
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Loudmp5 is offline skyhigh&banginlow

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Re: Upping the power!

Budget man, Budget. What subs do you have.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmp5 View Post
    Budget man, Budget. What subs do you have.
    I'm probably gonna end up with either 2 XFLs or something similar, something around 2k on 1 or 2 ohms (not sure which impedance I'll run yet). I'd like to stay under $400.

Careful, by those definitions Spider Monkey is a contributing member, I don't think he even knows what a subwoofer is.
    Thanks quackhead. Your the only person who agrees with me. Jesus Christ I have like 40 post and I've been called a ******* like 37 times

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

saz 1500 man or if you can find a 2k

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms,An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject,Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.,Gun control is not about guns; it's about control,You only have the rights you are willing to fight for,Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety,You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive,Assault is a behavior, not a device,64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday,All Rights Reserved,The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others,What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?,guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians

Foulplay is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

American Bass 4480 2200 watts around 320$ I think new with a warranty.

bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

DB Drive Pd2000.1 - Will do 2500 rms @ 1 ohm

MY NEW RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 7.06 CUBE @ 37HZ ~ SHARK 2500(FOR NOW,2 STRAPPED LATER)@ 1OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ 4 RUNS OF 1/0(2+/2-)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK BATTERY ~ ONLY 6GA POWER WIRE

2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

BoomBoxStereo is offline @woofergram

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full Tilt View Post
    I'm probably gonna end up with either 2 XFLs or something similar, something around 2k on 1 or 2 ohms (not sure which impedance I'll run yet). I'd like to stay under $400.
    get a 2k and run them at one ohm, you'll be beyond satisfied. in addition to that, if you go from 900 watts to 1200 watts, you won't hear a difference and if you do it'll be hardly audible. get a 2k and take your time being a bargain hunter!

Two AA Mayhem motored 18's with SSA Zcon parts on 4k.

Bought From: kickerassman, I Heart Vtec, dadydolas, gameovercca (x2), SPLaudio
    Sold To: Nopony7, 04murdalanche (x2), gameovercca

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgowdy31 View Post
    DB Drive Pd2000.1 - Will do 2500 rms @ 1 ohm
    Do you have proof on that idk just dont seem right!!!

NIHL8ION is offline RUN ur car NOT ur mouth !

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

budget $400 - ish? I'd get an AQ Q1-2200D, or find a nice used 1 for around $300-ish ;-)

- Cadence DCA2500.1 Running a Tantric HDD - 12" D2
    *Bought From: cx-7heaven, nutnbutcustm, naughtyca, agarabaghi, Skip01*Traded With: infamous_e46, basswiigee**Sold To: DeanG, R.S.D., livinloud!*
    Feedback Link: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=1028333

gckless is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Don't forget about electrical for a 2k amp. You'll want big 3 done in 1/0ga, a 1/0ga run from front to rear, and at least the biggest upgraded battery you can fit under the hood. Depending on the amp and your current alternator, you may want to consider another battery or possibly a HO alt. This should be in addition to your amp budget

Hifonics is alright on a budget, but not that great. If you could spend an extra $30, this would be probably the best you can get new:
    Q1-2200D

Otherwise, look used.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatipaso View Post
    15inch subs can't play fast beats, they take more power and that taxes the vehicles electrical system. You will wake up and "hear" then see the light at the end of the tunnel and it will be 3 10's pounding so hard you wont even open your trunk or turn your system on because you 15's will sound sloppy & weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    stfu lesbo.why are you worried about me so much? you must want to date me ya little cookie monster but i dont even like sweets. your just a cup full of ice, dirt dead nasty azz ice...without the water.

Dat Build Log: http://mobileaudioforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2566-1999-Chevrolet-Blazer&highlight=1999+blazer

TreyE is offline Lets Get Weird

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Contact @mylows10 about an amplifier, he is a dealer and should have a lot of choices to cater your needs. PM him.

Don't listen to me.

Feedback - http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/227670-treye.html
    Also more recent feedback on caco.com under same username and eBay as Willy8788 100% feedback.

bgowdy31 is offline I GOT LOUD FOR $648

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loudmp5 View Post
    Do you have proof on that idk just dont seem right!!!
    ask anyone who actually has exp with these amps. i dont have proof right this second but i have seen bench results. also at .5 they will do 3k+...

also there is a side by side test on CACO with this Db drive pd2000 vs the Saz2000. The db drive wielded more output and louder on the meter. I have used both amps and yes the db drive in my application was louder on the meter as well.... In the thread on CACO they came to a conclusion & said the PD2000 would be better compared vs saz2500 in output, how ever the saz2500 wins the comparison in that face off. But the PD2000 is the best 2k amp Ive used

MY NEW RIDE- 2001 HYUNDAI SANTA FE (BEST SCORE 147+DB 30-SEC MUSIC-BB2400 & 1 HDC3-18 W/STOCK ELEC)
    2 SOUNDQUBED SDC2.5-15'S ~ 7.06 CUBE @ 37HZ ~ SHARK 2500(FOR NOW,2 STRAPPED LATER)@ 1OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK DEKA & 2 AGM'S ~ 4 RUNS OF 1/0(2+/2-)

WIFEYS 03 FOCUS SE TRUNK SYSTEM ~ 143+DB 30 SEC MUSIC AVG
    1 KICKER L7 15 ~ 5.6 CUBE @ 38HZ ~ KICKER ZX1000.1 @ 2 OHM
    STOCK ALT ~ 1 STOCK BATTERY ~ ONLY 6GA POWER WIRE

2010 FCBC 450SD 3RD OVERALL~2011 FCBC 450SD CHAMPION~YOUTUBE->bgowdy31 & bgowdy3131

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Thanks for the input, guys. I'd be willing to buy used or new, so I hope I'll be able to find a deal. I hope to throw 2000w to a pair of XFLs or IA Death Rows at the end of the day.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

How do you guys feel on Audiopipe? I'd buy a pretty big one so I could keep the gain down and avoid clipping, but the prices seem alright...

macsdad is online now boom-boom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Most will bash audiopipe, i have used the apsm 1300, 1500, and the 2000. All of them performed very well for what they are, budget friendly. They have a few newer models with upgraded guts that are supposed to be pretty decent, the price is upgraded also. You may want to check the classies, might find a good price on a sloghtly used beast. I did so have several others, there was an aq2200 on there.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast