Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Car audio noob looking for advice vphoenixgold

calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Car audio noob looking for advice vphoenixgold

Quote Originally Posted by DARKHART View Post
    This statement is not exactly accurate, having highs in the rear will not cause this to happen. What I think he is trying to say is that it may pull your sound stage more to the rear of the vehicle, but again if done properly that wouldn't be an issue either. I've built and listened to many vehicles with mids and highs in the rear that had a very solid front stage.....

Also any shop worth it's salt should know how to setup the rear speakers properly for you.
    It depends on tuning. It can be done properly, but without alot of time tuning, have the same frequencies in the rear will not only draw the sound stage towards the rear, but you will have phase interference also.

"When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"

DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    It depends on tuning. It can be done properly, but without alot of time tuning, have the same frequencies in the rear will not only draw the sound stage towards the rear, but you will have phase interference also.
    Mostly true, I don't necessarily think you have to have a lot of time tuning involved at all, the average install done on a daily basis for the average customer can have both front a rear speakers playing the same frequency bandwidth and a simple use of the fader control create a great sound. I build these on a daily basis for customers, now with that said there are also ALOT of variables that can cause my statement to change also such as size of vehicle, equipment used, placement and ect. Everyone is not looking for that TRUE audiophile or competition soundstage but just want nice beats and be able to hear their music clearly at a decent volume...

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Everyone is not looking for that TRUE audiophile or competition soundstage but just want nice beats and be able to hear their music clearly at a decent volume
    I agree with everything you said, and with this statement a fader could do what you want it to do. Shoot, people who dont want the TRUE audiophile sound system probably wouldn't even be able to tell their experiencing phase interference.
    So yea, I guess its all about who and what a person wants from their system.
    Too bad the average person doesn't know how much better their system could sound though lol.

When I first started I was running 4 6x9s, 2 front 2 rear, and it sounded absolutely amazing so I thought. And it did sound decent. But wow, what I was missing out on then.

"When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"

DARKHART is offline One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    I agree with everything you said, and with this statement a fader could do what you want it to do. Shoot, people who dont want the TRUE audiophile sound system probably wouldn't even be able to tell their experiencing phase interference.
    So yea, I guess its all about who and what a person wants from their system.
    Too bad the average person doesn't know how much better their system could sound though lol.

When I first started I was running 4 6x9s, 2 front 2 rear, and it sounded absolutely amazing so I thought. And it did sound decent. But wow, what I was missing out on then.
    Hahaha tell me about it....I had six 6x9's across the back window with the front face of a pair of home speaker boxes in the side corners of the back seats hooked up to four power boosters(only one was actually playing the rest was for the light show lol) and a Kraco cass player....can we say PURE DISTORTION and I thought it was the coolest system in town....

Just when they though it couldn't get any worse, in came the Lord of Kaos, the Darkhart has arisen from his century long slumber..
    NJack2AF
    .............Jameseypoo
    Randyrsx ..........Bagdntagd
    M3Transporter......Teggybwoy
    RJ Sclafani...........Zeuslicious
    Saltyreefguy........Qkassidyw
    Qtrhorse..............Nismos14
    Pistonsfan70........4nine
    SlainNothing.........Orangelss
    M3@Apex............Louisiana_CRX
    SW9152..............DukeNut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Lol omg. "PURE distortion" Thats about funny lol.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2