Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Reload Thread: Amp help.

  1. #16
    Knowmadic's Avatar
    Knowmadic is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    You could look into an Alpine PDX-F4 if you were looking to go the multi amp route. It's not that bad if you find a used one.







  2. #17
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Josh- View Post
    I love JBL too, they make some very high value products at a low price like the MS-62C's. I like the JL as well for it size and power. I am just looking around for the best value. Also if you run a/b amp to the front components vs a d amp does it make a difference in sound quality?
    It used to. I personally can't hear the difference. The Class D full range amps today are all pretty good so you may not be able to hear the difference either. Obviously some are better than others. I just moved from an "SQ" A/B to a class D and I can't hear the difference. Granted it's a "good" one, but still. That JL is a good one. Even that little PPi is a good one. I wish they'd get off their ass and get that phantom 5 channel on the market already.

    There will be purists that will swear to you that they can hear the difference between A/B and D. But the (arguably) best SQ car on the planet right now uses all class D amps.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  3. #18
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowmadic View Post
    You could look into an Alpine PDX-F4 if you were looking to go the multi amp route. It's not that bad if you find a used one.
    I will keep that in mind, thanks.




  4. #19
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Josh- View Post
    Wait, you lost me. If I put 50 watts to them, I should be able to turn up the volume higher without them clipping or distorting.
    I'm saying you would barely notice the difference between 50w and 75w.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  5. #20
    calebkhill's Avatar
    calebkhill is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Phenix City, Alabama
    Posts
    1,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Dude... not everybody is worried about "loud." Some people actually enjoy music. Not volume for volume's sake. Do you hae any idea how much power you're actually giving your highs? Even at "loud" levels? I think you'd be surprised.
    Read the end of my second post.

    @-Josh- ; not if you dont know the clipping point of your head unit and amp.
    Last edited by calebkhill; 03-31-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: second post



    "When I listen to a stereo loudspeaker playback in my room and an auditory scene has formed in my mind, how would I know that what I hear is an accurate replica of an auditory scene that could be had at the recording venue? Or more generally, that this is an auditory scene that could have existed at all?"


  6. #21
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    It used to. I personally can't hear the difference. The Class D full range amps today are all pretty good so you may not be able to hear the difference either. Obviously some are better than others. I just moved from an "SQ" A/B to a class D and I can't hear the difference. Granted it's a "good" one, but still. That JL is a good one. Even that little PPi is a good one. I wish they'd get off their ass and get that phantom 5 channel on the market already.

    There will be purists that will swear to you that they can hear the difference between A/B and D. But the (arguably) best SQ car on the planet right now uses all class D amps.
    I know, if ppi did have the 900.5 on the market I wouldn't be in this situation. So it is just based on preference, I follow. Personally, I prefer the D because it won't tax my electrical system as much. That is why I originally listed mostly d styled amps. One last thing about a sub, just so I can clear this up. If want a nice accurate, deep, and tight bass so I would go with a sealed enclosure?




  7. #22
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by calebkhill View Post
    Read the end of my second post.

    @-Josh- ; not if you dont know the clipping point of your head unit and amp.
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up.




  8. #23
    TaylorFade's Avatar
    TaylorFade is offline I fail.



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    2,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Josh- View Post
    I know, if ppi did have the 900.5 on the market I wouldn't be in this situation. So it is just based on preference, I follow. Personally, I prefer the D because it won't tax my electrical system as much. That is why I originally listed mostly d styled amps. One last thing about a sub, just so I can clear this up. If want a nice accurate, deep, and tight bass so I would go with a sealed enclosure?
    Sealed doesn't have the low end extension or efficiency of a ported box. If you have the room, I'd go ported. Especially with the lower power levels of those 5 channels. But as we've discussed already in this thread, you may not care about output.



    Quote Originally Posted by eCrack View Post
    TaylorFail
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide Bobb View Post
    Taylorfail, v.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Imtjnotu View Post
    tailorFail v.3
    Quote Originally Posted by brodeisel View Post
    TaylorFail v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2bass View Post
    TaylorWin v.1?

  9. #24
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Sealed doesn't have the low end extension or efficiency of a ported box. If you have the room, I'd go ported. Especially with the lower power levels of those 5 channels. But as we've discussed already in this thread, you may not care about output.
    Do you mean hitting the lower frequencies? You are correct I don't really care about the output levels in regards to loudness. I would match the sub based on the amp I pick. But with putting in a ported enclosure they take up to much space unless I were to go with something like one of JL's microsubs.
    Last edited by -Josh-; 03-31-2013 at 07:56 PM.




  10. #25
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorFade View Post
    Sealed doesn't have the low end extension or efficiency of a ported box. If you have the room, I'd go ported. Especially with the lower power levels of those 5 channels. But as we've discussed already in this thread, you may not care about output.
    Also, do you know if that the JBL amp has a bass knob that you can buy for it? I can't seem to find one.




  11. #26
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Bump for more opinions.




  12. #27
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    So I decided to go with the Alpine MRX-V70. Now I am looking for a sub for my system, out the ones I picked out, which do you think will best fit my application. The sub will be in a sealed enclosure.

    Compare: Component Subwoofers at Crutchfield.com




  13. #28
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Josh- View Post
    So I decided to go with the Alpine MRX-V70. Now I am looking for a sub for my system, out the ones I picked out, which do you think will best fit my application. The sub will be in a sealed enclosure.

    Compare: Component Subwoofers at Crutchfield.com
    Id look at a Dayton DVC 4ohm 10,or 12 for the price you would be buying a JL sub for, and they come with a 5yr warranty.Sound great in sealed enclosures,as well as ported,small spaceshttp://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-463,and will be great on that amp
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=295-463




  14. #29
    audiobaun's Avatar
    audiobaun is offline Premium Member audiobaun is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    rockwall,Tx
    Posts
    6,569
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Double post?




  15. #30
    -Josh-'s Avatar
    -Josh- is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Odessa, Florida
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Amp help.

    Quote Originally Posted by audiobaun View Post
    Id look at a Dayton DVC 4ohm 10,or 12 for the price you would be buying a JL sub for, and they come with a 5yr warranty.Sound great in sealed enclosures,as well as ported,small spaceshttp://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-463,and will be great on that amp
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=295-463
    Thanks for the recommendation, I actually really like that sub. Not to beat a dead horse though, what is the difference between a 10 inch and a 12 inch subwoofer?




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. amp help :)
    By barba3 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2002, 08:21 AM
  2. newbie needs amp help
    By <?saywhat?> in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2002, 12:41 AM
  3. Zane, need amp help
    By Budnik in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2001, 12:20 AM
  4. Audiobahn Sub need amp help
    By javi96 in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2001, 03:52 PM
  5. amp help
    By <rob> in forum Amplifiers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2001, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum